Acrylic paint remover?

I was wondering what the best way to remove acrylic paint is . What is everyone’s favourite product ?

91% alcohol usually does it for me.

2 Likes

I use Windsor and Newton Brush Cleaner and Restorer and then wash in hot water with Dawn soap.

5 Likes

Does that work better than the alcohol @jeanhai? I had to strip one recently, but still after scrubbing and getting my teen daughter to scrub with alcohol, I could not get 100% of the paint off.

I tried alcohol the other day and it wouldn’t budge :sob:

Thanks for the tip x

Windsor & Newton.

1 Like

You sure it was the 91% alcohol, @Shosho? Regular alcohol is weaker and doesn’t work well.

2 Likes

Windsor and newton brush cleaner and restorer is the best! ive used alcohol and acetone and windor and newton is a life saver

2 Likes

Thank you I will have a look on Amazon x

Thank you wow looks like Windsor is the winner lol . Does it use a lot for one baby .

Duh I’m so stupid just checked it’s 70% :crazy_face:

1 Like

Don’t feel badly. The bottles look exactly alike

1 Like

I use 99% alccol, it’s lot of scrubbing but work well.

2 Likes

MacPherson’s has a new air dry paint remover that works very well. It is citrus scented.

3 Likes

The Windsor and Newton will remove it easily.

1 Like

Alcohol here too. You still have to scrub even using
it but it never let me down back when I used
acrylics. I’ve heard Acetone works but don’t know
if too harsh on vinyl. Maybe someone eles here
would be knowledgeable on that… God bless.

1 Like

It’s not the cheapest, I saw it at Michael’s Craft store here. They had a large bottle so I’ll try to use a coupon to get 40%off.
I also used acetone for minor spot fixes. I’ve used alcohol and soft scrub cleanser also. It worked but with lots and lots of scrubbing-not sure what strength though.

1 Like

@marleeton Yes Its not cheap i agree. I really wish we had Michael’s in Europe lol x