7 month June--real size

I am loving everyone’s 7 month June-- she is soooo cute- but is she freaky sized like Emmy? Her head was almost bigger than mine.

3 Likes

Not as big as Emmy, more the size of 3 month Joseph. Mine wore size 9 month. I really loved working on her, she’s a dream to paint :blush:
61762090_880247168994789_3248196792877056000_n

7 Likes

I think she’s sized appropriately. Her head isn’t quite as big as 3 month Joey. I do think the torso is too small for both of them. And I used a custom body because I don’t like the recommended body.
Mine wears mostly 12 months, but a few 6-9 months.

7 Likes

Did yours practically paint herself? Mine did. Super easy kit to paint! :heart:

3 Likes

Yesssss…love this vinyl! :blush:

1 Like

I got my 7 month June asleep all ready to paint minus torso or belly plate. Im assuming she’s as easy to paint as 3 month Joseph? I have painted the awake and asleep versions of him. I have the awake June as well with the torso.

Ill post a picture soon :wink:

3 Likes

Yes! Very easy to paint. :heart:

3 Likes

Has anyone used the big joe belly plate with her? Does it look good? This kit is so stinkin’ cute. On my someday list

1 Like

I used the torso but I think the belly plate would be fine on her :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

OK. That does it! I’m getting mine out, washing her and giving her the brushes and paints and tell her to go to it! LOLOL I just love it when someone says they paint themselves. I know exactly what you mean, but I can’t help but get this image in my mind! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

LOL…shhhh don’t tell anyone that they paint themselves, people will want their money back :wink:

When I did Flynn by LLE I kept saying “am I done, seriously, already, how did this happen?” he is a little elf so…you never know what he was doing while I was sleeping :wink:

4 Likes

That’s true. I have heard elves love to work at night when people are asleep! :slight_smile: I got my 7-Month June yesterday. When my hubby came home I had the box close to his favorite chair. He kinda looked at – didn’t really know what he was supposed to do with it I guess. :slight_smile: I told him I wanted to show it to him. So, we kinda sorta held her together to see her size when done. He said she is too big for a doll! LOLOL I said, well she is the size of the baby they scanned. He asked how old Silvia (Easton 6-Month) is supposed to be. I said 6 months. There is a big different in the length of their legs, etc. So, I reminded him that Silvia was sculpted, but June was scanned. Anyway, I can’t wait to have June done and put together. As with my other dolls, she is a keeper. But, she and big Joe will have to wait until I can study my tutorials and get better. :slight_smile: UNLESS they want to get together and paint themselves. LOL

4 Likes

How did I get the slacker Joe that didn’t want to paint himself :rofl: The whole experience I had with that kit was bad. I do like June but won’t be painting her unless I get a custom or I sell a bunch of babies and have enough to buy a few kits and pay the fees too.

2 Likes

I don’t know…both of mine were easy, someone else just posted about the paint not sticking to hers. I just put the sealer on my sleeping June, I use Liquitex matte gel and water, it gives a little tooth so I don’t have to ever worry about the paint not sticking.

2 Likes

Mine had nothing to do with the paint not sticking or anything like that, just the whole process sucked and I wanted to be done. Maia painted herself, I had to force Joe to even participate :rofl:

3 Likes

I think I enjoy the larger kits…maybe you just enjoy the smaller ones more :wink:

1 Like

I just don’t like Joseph. I like big kits just fine, but I disliked Joseph from the time he came out and that hasn’t changed, if anything I dislike him more now than I did before. That doesn’t change the fact that everyone else loves him, and everyone else is able to enjoy him no matter how I feel about the kit. And that’s a good thing! Not everyone likes the same things, and it’s what makes us unique.

4 Likes

Sorry, I didnt mean to offend you, sometimes I just talk too much.

You didn’t offend me :slight_smile: Just wanted to explain myself, I know I’m the weirdo for not liking Big Joe lol

1 Like

No…not everyone likes the same things. It would be a boring world if we did.

2 Likes