3/4 limb body

I recently received the 3/4 limbs doe suede body. I do not know if it matters which is the front or back. I tried to find information on this and have had no luck. Does anyone know the answer? Thank you for your replies.

2 Likes

Neck zip tie is on the back. I know it looks strange and arms looks like set way far to back, but this is how it goes, unfortunately.

Thanks. That’s why I was wondering because the arms do look so far back. Lol

1 Like

I was equally confused about this and so other people. On this forum it was said several times that we wish BB will retire that body and come with something new.

2 Likes

Yes, they should. I have seen that suggestion and now after doing one, I would agree. Not even sure how much to stuff the little pockets for the limbs. It looks as if they have no shoulders when put together.

2 Likes

I too know what you mean. I am looking for an alternate body for Juan, my version of Pennywise.

1 Like

I just had @RoseannsBoutique make me a 3/4 limb gathered body, she even made the arm caps as short as possible for me to have a more balanced look for my kit. Just a suggestion :grin::wink:

3 Likes

Can you trade it in for a Realborn body? They’re much more proportionate. I don’t buy the ones like you bought. The neck openings are huge and bunch up around the neck. The bodies are barrel chested. The limb caps are way too big and set too far back. It gives them bulging biceps and thighs that make clothes not fit properly. I just don’t like them. BB used to have bodies sized for individual dolls-20" body for 20" doll, 18" body for 18" doll, etc. They actually fit and looked good even if the doll wasn’t dressed. The arm and leg caps were proportionate with the rest of the doll. Now, aside from the fact that they’re not assembled properly, the same body is recommended for multiple size dolls so of course they don’t fit all of them accurately. I’m sure it’s easier as far as inventory, but I don’t want to spend as much time as I do creating a nice doll only to have them look like linebackers doing bust exercises. I love BB, and all the other products that they sell, but those bodies are awful, IMO.

2 Likes

No. But next time I will definitely look into a different body.

Here’s my experience with those crappy bodies :woman_facepalming:t2:
http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/how-do-these-bodies-go/67947

1 Like

I usually take the front in a bit.

Although I don’t anymore, I have used those bodies a few times. I pretty much had to take them apart, narrow the body and neck opening, narrow and shorten the limb caps, which are still set too far back. I’d rather pay a few dollars more for bodies that fit than do all that extra work. It’s more time consuming than making one from scratch. I just didn’t want to waste them. The Realborn bodies are good, though.

I take them in a bit too but the arms are still weird, lol. I’m getting frustrated having to do that all the time. I just looked at some of my older babies and have decided to find alternate bodies for them.

@bbsupport Dear BB, are you listening? :wink:

2 Likes

I Wish! :crossed_fingers:t4::innocent::upside_down_face: