YouTube flop...for now

I try to make a video to start my YouTube channel. I set up all my babies, all my props, my camera… I was ready !
Then…I froze.
Not able to say a single word at all. Not even “allo” or my name, nothing wanted to come out of my mouth.
I am a shy person but I always have been able to speak in public.
But alone in my room, I have a weird feeling of being silly to speak to myself I guess.
I am not sure how to put recording voice over a video, it can be an option.
If anyone has any tricks for me, I will appreciate !

5 Likes

My mom had this problem as well. She practiced with her friends on facetime and skpe. Good luck!

2 Likes

I said to my son that I feel silly to speak to an object. He looks at me seriously and said : someone in a book spoke to a toothbrush.
I laughed so hard ! :joy:
I guess if someone can speak to a toothbrush, I can manage to speak to a camera !

7 Likes

I find your videos pretty good !
I finally being able to do it, but the light was not good so it’s a practice one I think !

2 Likes

Does your cat lurk somewhere near by? Maybe you would feel more comfortable directing your speech at him? Teach him how to make a reborn :laughing:

2 Likes

Guess who is always there…:smile:
That’s a good idea !

11 Likes

Your cat is a beauty!

1 Like

Just think about the people who will be watching you through that camera. Speak to them. Try to picture an audience. :smiley:

1 Like

I am not shy, not on the outside. I am not afraid to speak in public, I don’t have that fear but I don’t really have that need or desire.

My son is a professional musician and actor in real life he is shy, very shy but on stage he has no problem at all, he loves it, he is good at it.

My sons father has done some acting and music making and he is a… well let’s just say he LOVES, CRAVES, AND DESIRES the spotlight. His whole family does, they fight for it, they are embarrassing and obvious.

When I make a YT video I just pretend that I am having a chat with doll friends, because ultimately I am but in a fast forward way. The people who will watch are people who are interested in what you are interested in.

Just pretend you are doing FaceTime or talking on the phone. Take a deep breath and be yourself. No one expects you to be a great actress or professional speaker, You Tube is for mortal humans, regular people.

I would make video’s when no one is home, when you are relaxed, have a nice big glass of water. Think about what you want to say before you start, maybe make a little cheat sheet of things you want to remember to talk about.

Do a couple takes, watch and listen like it isn’t you, you might be surprised.

There are a lot of reborn You Tube people who are very popular (not me) who just go on and chat away, no worries and people love it.

Be yourself, use the voice you talk to your kids and mom with and have fun.

3 Likes

Thank for those good advices ! I will try again, and hope for the best.
I never done FaceTime or Skype and things like that, so I can’t relate and I hate speaking on the phone. I have to see the person I talk to, see their reactions. It’s certainly the issues here ( I think I may have some Asperger’s traits, that’s an other story)
I will pretend I speak to my friends, it may help.
I will let you know when my first video will be on YouTube, very soon !

2 Likes

Mine is mostly BJD’s but I stay off camera, and just show the dolls when I talk. Maybe try that for your first few videos? I am shy too.

2 Likes

Yes I don’t plan to show my face. Mostly talking while change a baby or show my collection, and some painting tuto for air dry.

2 Likes

So I have been able to make a video. After 4-5 tries. I feel so akward…but at least I did it !
Not on YouTube yet tho.

It was fun after all, so I made a second one😁
I am waiting on my tripod and spare battery to make better ones. I struggle with the light too. I think it’s not so bad for a first.

I just show my personal collection and change a baby I have for sale for a while. In the second one I show my working studio.

I will be lucky if I have a view or two beside my family ! I know it can take a long time to get views and subscription, but I only make this to provide Quebec’s artists something to watch in our language and in hope of helping my sales. Also it’s fun !

Oh and there are my keepers

5 Likes

Who are those two babies on the right?
Great collection!

1 Like

Thank you !
That’s Tacy by Marita Winters and Madelyn by Bonnie Sieben

2 Likes

What a handsome boy! No one ever has to know you’re really talking to the cat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it’s the sweetest little cat ! And he is sooo in love with me ! I can talk ti him for hours and he is never bored !

2 Likes

Try only videoing your babies and talking that way so nobody sees you until you are fully comfortable to come on camera. I’m sure it will take time. Let me know your channel name and I will be your first subscriber,… I love YouTube and I love watching reborns! :baby: :baby_bottle:

1 Like

They are adorable! Do you have a site that you sell on?

Thank you !
I mostly sell on reborns.com.
I don’t plan to be on camera but it doesn’t really bothers me. I have been able to make a video, speaking to my cat (mostly). He is showing up in the video as he likes my dolls !