You'll be happy to hear

… that as from May we also be paying the FVF on our eBay sales on the whole amount, postage including.

FVF??? (Guessing Full Value _______?) Not sure what you are referencing here - can you please clarify

I think it’s the Final Value Fee. Is ebay is going to lump the whole shebang together? We need CaliMel: she knows everthing about ebay, and can tell us what this means.

Yoo hoo . . . CaliMel?

In the U.S. EBay already charges the fee on the sale price plus the postage. I don’t think they do it in all countries though and are going to start doing it in May. Nothing is changing for the USA.

— Begin quote from “CaliMel”

— Begin quote from “dothehokeypokey”

I think it’s the Final Value Fee. Is ebay is going to lump the whole shebang together? We need CaliMel: she knows everthing about ebay, and can tell us what this means.

Yoo hoo . . . CaliMel?

— End quote

Ha ha, I wish I knew everything about ebay - they keep surprising me, and the surprises aren’t always good.

Yes…FVF means Final Value Fee…so I’m assuming that before now, Australian sellers on ebay weren’t charged FVFs against shipping? I actually had no idea of that. Yes, in the U.S. we have already been paying a fee against shipping as well as the sale for the item itself. We had a thread on this a while ago and even with all that discussion I still didn’t “get” that Australia wasn’t charged against shipping.

And no. I don’t think anybody could possibly be glad for that news on behalf of any other seller.

— End quote

See, CaliMel? You did clarify the situation (just as I knew you would)

Ludmilla, that is too bad about the new ebay policy in Australia. Wish you could have had it better for a little bit longer.

Sorry, yes from May we are going to be paying the same as you do = the fee (final value fee) on the whole amount including postage. It really does not worry me, most of my dolls cost about $20 - $25 to ship withing Australia, so it is just couple of dollars more. I just wish something would sell.