You find the strangest things inside some of the dolls

The doll I bought that had sand in it had a spot in the listing in large bold letter that said
NO SAND HERE!!!
Yeah…I wish I would have video taped opening the doll so I could send it to her and anyone else who was thinking of buying from her.

1 Like

Unbelievable! What are people thinking?

1 Like

Do these people have no pride at all in their work?

2 Likes

Did you contact the seller? I would let her know that you found the sand and rocks. What is it with these reborners thinking they can get away with this kind of thing over and over again??? Grrrrrrrrrr… :frowning:

1 Like

I didn’t because her painting is absolutely gorgeous and I didn’t want to return her which is the only way I would receive any kind of refund. I have talked to another person who has bought multiple dolls from her and said they haven’t had any issues but I don’t think they have opened their dolls to see.

EXACTLY! Crummy reborners who stoop to such lows give us all a bad name. Ugh. It’s hard enough to build up trust and then to have people pulling stunts like this really gets on my last nerve. :angry:

3 Likes

I put rice in my first reborn. I.didn’t know any better, but I do now and wish.I.could get that doll back and fix her.

1 Like

I think that’s an easy mistake to make. As a beginner, you hear about using rice socks to root the head, and I think it’s easy to think it’s okay to put rice in the doll. I think doing it once, by accident, is certainly forgiveable. When we begin, we always make dumb mistakes. I rooted my first doll with fuzzy, English mohair, that was left over from my porcelain days. I don’t even know what I used it for then because we wigged all our dolls. I think I was experimenting with making a wig. Anyway, it was mohair, so I used it. What a fuzzy baby she is! And pluggy. You ain’t seen pluggy til you’ve seen this doll!

1 Like

I feel so bad though lol. For my very first doll, I used regular doll hair from hobby lobby. He looked scary lol. He no.longer exists…

I have gotten a baby that the glass beads were just poured into the body. The only other “strange” thing I’ve gotten was a beautiful Riley weighing 10 pounds. She was hea-vy! I removed enough glass beads to weight another baby and she is perfect. Hoping I will never deal with what some of you have had. :hushed:

3 Likes