Would this hair work?

I’m hoping to use this kind of curly hair for my ethnic babies in the future, has anyone tried it? Or does anyone know where to get some nice curly hair that won’t kill my pockets?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/192957735/kid-mohair-locks-curly-wool-fiber-for?ref=user_profile

Looks like it would be hard to find the cut end just from the picture. Maybe ask them if cut end is marked.

1 Like

I read the description, it’s not combed or anything so it wouldn’t be ready to root when you get it. You would need to comb it out first. If you don’t wanna do that, I’d find something ready to go. It looks pretty nice though

1 Like

Unprocessed mohair is a lot of work and you lose quite a bit during the process.

1 Like

This is more coarse. It is intended for felting and spinning. Breaks more easily and not really good for reborns.

1 Like

Shawn, did you try this?

I bough it in a light color, but didn’t root anyone yet with it.

2 Likes

I’ll check it out!

1 Like

I went on Ebay and searched for human hair when I was looking for curly hair for the darker skinned babies i was making.

1 Like

That kind is very hard to root and doesn’t look good. I used it on my first biracial doll. It bled badly and ruined him. :confused:

3 Likes

I knew I should ask you before I bough it!

2 Likes

I think I’m going to wait until I get paid to get some wavy slumberland hair, it seems to be beautiful stuff :slight_smile:

I’ve used that hair once. It is very soft and is very curly. It arrives pretty dirty and most of the mohair is way too short to root anyway. Takes a while to clean/process it, and there’s not much left to root afterwards. Not really worth the time and effort, in my opinion.

1 Like