With my own eyes!

@Summer They are bra cups not silicone pads, I cut them up to fit each side.

bra

4 Likes

How do they stay put, do you stitch them in?

1 Like

No I didn’t they just stay in place. I guess it’s because the poly fill keeps it in place as well as the glass beads. I made the glass beads into a roll instead of a ball and then kinda separated it so it fell on two sides. Then stuffed the fill around and inside the bottom. then everything else as usual.

3 Likes

That seems like a good idea to me. Can you feel them once the doll is stuffed?

2 Likes

No they are really thin it just holds the shape of the bottom which is what I wanted. You can see a slight line without the diaper on. I will take a pic tomorrow and post it. @anjsmiles

4 Likes

Ah, gotcha :wink:

1 Like

BB used to sell silicone breast implants (no nipples) for use in tummies and bottoms. They feel very realistic and give added weight. There are also baby fat pellets that you can buy and make you own pouches. I use them for 1/4 limb babies. They’re so much softer than poly pellets and don’t make that crunchy noise.

4 Likes

Ewwwww. Poly fill and glass/glass beads are the way to go

1 Like

Those would work.

1 Like

So question, I love the idea of the silicone inserts. Will this devalue a doll because I think it would make it more cuddly?

I have used them several times when a customer has asked for them.The ones I bought were a little more oval shaped that these.

1 Like

Yes, i used something like that in the past ; they were good, haven’t seen them on eBay lately.

3 Likes

Here you go! @anjsmiles

6 Likes

Baby got back. Lol Seriously might need to try this. The butts on my babies always seem to look weird. This looks much better.

3 Likes

Yep :rofl: She has something to sit on. This is my Saskia she also has a cut up pool noodle down her back so that she sits up nicely, no sleeping for this baby. I was having fun with her as She is Mine!!!

3 Likes

Personally, I LOVE silicone pads for the bottom and tummy. You can pat them like a real baby. The cost of them should add value to a doll.

3 Likes

Such a cute little rump :blush: I love the look with the extra padding! Smart thinkin’ :grinning::+1:

1 Like

I think that’s just it. I think if an artist wishes to use something other than the standard, it should be noted in the description no matter what.

I tought that reborn is an art ? We all consider reborns as unique piece of art, collectible artwork. So why a “standard” ? Standard are for industry, not art or craft.
As long as material is clean and safe, I don’t see any problem.
I can own a sculpture made with recycled material, or clay, or wood or sea shells, that have a lot of value.
So why I can’t own a reborn stuffed with other material then glass beads and polyfill ?
As an artist, who create with a lot of different medium, I am really curious about this idea of a standard in a form of art…
We can’t evolve as artists with standards.

Of course that is just my opinion, everybody is own !

4 Likes

I agree with you up to a point if you plan to keep for your own use or plan to give to family or friend it shouldn’t matter .
However if it is being sold there are certain things people who purchase an item expect if they have purchased these before or have seen others .
In the case of sold items everything that is used to create the reborn or other art form the buyer should be informed of before purchase so they can judge if they are alright with it.
And that’s just my opinion :smile: I have only sold a few most of mine are just made for my own pleasure or for family .
Full disclosure that was the term I was looking for lol

3 Likes