WIP Berjusa

After someone mentioned Berjusa dolls, I had to look them up. Then I had to have one, so I bid on two and won both for $10 each! They are super orange, very soft, and kind of sticky, but they cleaned up well.

I did not neutralize it and started painting. The vinyl did not take the first layer of Flesh 08 well, but the second stuck better. The doll STINKS while baking. I then did a vein blue mottle, shading, and creases.

The details in this kit are superb. There are so many little dimples, contours, and sculpted areas. If these dolls were poured in modern vinyl, they would be right up there with the superstar sculptors. For the price, it is worth the stink and I am really enjoying the challenge.

16 Likes

I had never heard of these before. It’s a nice looking baby and good features. Not real dolly looking as some others. Can‘t wait to see her finished

What a fun project! Can’t wait to see what you do with it…

I used to have 2 different of these babies, and sold them just before I started reborning, bummer. I am so excited to see how this baby turns out, I am cheering you on!

I’ve looked at these on Ebay. Niw I definitely want to get one! Can’t wait to see what you do - it’s gonna be adorable @Peachtree!

(S)he will be gorgeous when you done! What a fun project!
How big is this doll?

This one is about 17." I have another that is 20."

1 Like

These are some of the ones we used in the beginning days. Berjusa and Berenguer babies.

1 Like