WIP AA/Ethnic Amelia: I did more shading and more blushing. Now Shiny

Please give me advice or opinion what colour do I need to make her look more realistic? Or is she good enough as I don’t want to get her too dark.

I’ve painted her with layers and mixes of Flesh 03, Flesh 02, Raw umber, yellow ochre, marine blue, crimson. I think I’ve painted 3 layers of flesh tones…

I didn’t do the mottling because her first layers of paint created a mottling effect(do AA toddlers have mottling? My daughter doesn’t)

Is the tongue and lip colour realistic enough? Any advice? I haven’t painted her teeth yet.

I had bad painting boobo on her fingers(she’s not for sale anyway. My third reborn painting)

Do her palms and under feet(same colour) need to be more pink?

9 Likes

He’s beautiful! Love the skintones!!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

@Harmieand and @Evee thank you

Hi I think I would put a light red wash on the palms and soles of feet if it were mine. I like your skin tones.Most AA or bi racial I know have more of a pink tone on soles and palms. My friends baby girls soles are super pink and she is a biracial baby. JMO Good job going to be a lovely reborn when you finish.:footprints::baby:

2 Likes

I think you’ve done a wonderful job…beautiful skintones!!!

2 Likes

@Shera1 point taken. I will do that. Thank you

@cherielynn09 Thank you

Comparing her to your skin tone, maybe some yellow?

2 Likes

I am not an expert but I would go a little darker on her top lip like yours. :wink::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What colour should I use for her top lip? Flesh 02 with raw umber or Mars black? And should I use a thinning medium? I wanted her lip darker but wasn’t sure how to make it without making it black.

1 Like

Thank you so much. will keep that advice for my next doll to have a tone closer to mine. I wanted her to be their complexion or in between mine and theirs so will take a picture of her with my son or daughter. Somehow her face seems ligniter than her torso and limbs. I don’t know how but then I thought ahhhh some kids are like that. Like my son’s legs are darker that his face and body.:joy:That used to frustrate me and only if notice that.

Here’s my son and daughter. My daughter is also a little tone lighter than her brother. But this is a photo from last August.

8 Likes

I don’t know if you have done this step yet but adding more creasing and shading will help to add depth too

1 Like

I’ve done the creasing get and shading. Where else do you suggest I add it? Shading under the eyes? And some wrinkles over again?

They are beautiful!!:heart: baby girl would make such a cute chunky reborn kit oh goodness I hope you don’t think I’m weird for saying that haha I saw the chubbiest baby at the store the other day and my mind went automatically to oh my gosh if only they made a kit that darn chubby.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:As long as I’m in this forum I don’t find that weird. Hahaha!
I actually saw a chunky beautifully reborned doll with ginger hair today. I think the artist removed her post. She reminded me of my daughter.

Of course there is nothing like seeing it in person, but I think maybe adding more creasing in eyelid and around nose. She’s looking cute though. Can’t wait to see her all done :blush:

2 Likes

@ForeverFaith I use Air Dry. I make a tiny batch of the color that I used for her skin mixed with a drop of red and/or /purple and a drop of burnt umber or burnt sienna or both just depends on the color I am trying to achieve.

1 Like

Ok noted. I never shaded those two spots. I only did under her eyes. I will apply your advice,

Ok thank you I will note this for next baby as I mixed other colours since I just wanted to finish. I struggled with the smiling open mouth though.

I only noticed yesterday that my daughter’s lips are darker than her face just like my mom’s.

1 Like

@ForeverFaith They are both so cute and I love their outfits!

1 Like