WIP 1st doll, Landon Awake

Sorry my stand makes him look creepy :crazy_face:. Do you all do any complexion layers or warming washes after your others as a final step before hair & brows? He needs more “life”…

16 Likes

I think his skin tone is lovely…you may want to put a little more color on his lips and maybe just a tad bit more color in the creases but other than that i think he looks great!! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you! I agree, a bit more color. I was so scared of overdoing it, lol!

1 Like

Oh trust me i know how you feel…lol but i have to say that if he really is your first baby that you have painted i think he has turned out quite well :smiley: :heart:

3 Likes

Looking beautiful!!!

1 Like

Thanks! A few years ago I started getting into it. I bought the Shyann kit, all the Genesis paints & all kinds of supplies. Halfway through I got so frustrated with her I quit. Plus the smell made me nauseous and have a headache. So the past couple years I did HOURS of research on paints, kits, etc. Also watched a TON of tutorials. I feel more prepared this time around, lol. And using waterborne paints…

3 Likes

Thanks!!! :blush:

Just add the lip color in thin layers so it doesn’t look like lipstick :wink:very nice painting!

1 Like

Thank you!!! :blush:

Lovely first baby! And when you’ll add eyes, eyebrows and hair it will ‘come to life’! It’s amazing what eyes do to the opened eyes sculpts!
I was afraid to overdo my first one also, now I regret that. :grin: But I can always go back to her and add more :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m going to take all of your advice and add a bit more color. I’m so excited/scared for the hair,/brows/eyes!!! :grimacing:

Yeah, those are can be tricky, but we all have to learn and do it! My first eyebrows went through 3 trials and at the end I gave Ella’s head pacified even that she didn’t have a magnet for it yet - this is how bad I felt for her :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol :joy:

5 Likes

I wish I could root hair. :tired_face:

You did a good job on your painted hair! I am in the same boat as you, but I am going to try rooting on the baby I am working on now to.see how It goes

1 Like

You did a great job on his hair. Skin tone is very nice too

1 Like

Thank you! I am going to attempt rooting on my next kit. It’s a smaller head, lol. Have you got your rooting needle & mohair? What kind did you get?

Thank you!!! :blush:

Beautiful! Love the tones

1 Like