Why so many sleeping babies?

I have mostly done open eyes. Most of my customers do not want an asleep baby but I see so many on e-bay. Are they easier or just preferred? Lenora

I never looked at it that way. I am going to make my next baby a sleeper for me! Lenora

Well I made one and she looks like a sleeping angel. She will be off in the mail to her new mommie tomorrow. Lenora

Well Sandy, I got home from Church too late to get in the auction. It had already ended. Maybe next time. Lenora

I love the sleeping too… more life like. And if I do an awake baby I love to do the side glancing eyes they just seem more life like then the ones that are staring straight ahead.

Lisa,
Your sleeping baby is an Angel! She is so sweet.
Lenora

Awww thanks Lenora. It killed me when she got adopted. I am working on another here. I cant wait to finish her she maybe staying…lol Emily’s are always my favorite. It just amazes me how different they can all look.

I love the sleeping babies, 1.) They look more real to me2.) I hate fooling with the fake eyelashes on open eyed babies lol and I haven’t mastered rooting open eyed babies. Now my hubby he prefers the open eyed babies (except when he has to put the eyes in lol) So it really is a personal prefrence.

Now this might sound a bit funny but… I have had quite a few people tell me they think the dolls with the open eyes are creepy… They said they feel like someone is staring at them all the time. I had one gal tell me she bought an opened eyed reborn doll and she said being the eyes don’t move it is like a dead person with their eyes open. So I guess each to his own.

— Begin quote from “baby4u”

Now this might sound a bit funny but… I have had quite a few people tell me they think the dolls with the open eyes are creepy… They said they feel like someone is staring at them all the time. I had one gal tell me she bought an opened eyed reborn doll and she said being the eyes don’t move it is like a dead person with their eyes open. So I guess each to his own.

— End quote

I’ve heard some say that same thing about sleeping babies. That they look like dead babies. I think it is a matter of how you pose them. If the babies are laid flat on their back and hands on their chests, I could see how people would think that.

I personally like sleepers, but it seems that I only sell the open eyed dolls.People say that the eyes look more real with the paper glaze on them.

I come and go with this one. Most people I have met that see the babies in person, cuddle and “inspect” them seem to be more impressed with the open-eyed babies, but when you’re trying to impress at first sight, sleeping babies do the trick.
For myself, I like open-eyed ones. I like to “interact”. Now if it’s only going to be on display, closed eyes are great!