Why is there such a shortage of available eyes?

I have several babies on hold here because I just can’t buy the eyes I want. This is getting pretty crazy. Can’t get 20MM glass eyes from DD. BB don’t hardly have anything neither. I have had my 10" minis for 3 weeks and can’t do them because they don’t have eyes. No 20MM poly eyes… except in colors that not too many ever use …Argh this is really getting very upsetting. Why are eyes any different than any other supply that it takes so long to get them?

Sandie wants $7.84 for shipping two pairs of tiny eyes.

Down right ridiculous isn’t it? Now you see why I haven’t just ordered a couple pairs of eyes? That’s nothing go put two pairs of eyes in the cart at Irresistables once. LOL over $10.00.

— Begin quote from “baby4u”

I have several babies on hold here because I just can’t buy the eyes I want. This is getting pretty crazy. Can’t get 20MM glass eyes from DD. BB don’t hardly have anything neither. I have had my 10" minis for 3 weeks and can’t do them because they don’t have eyes. No 20MM poly eyes… except in colors that not too many ever use …Argh this is really getting very upsetting. Why are eyes any different than any other supply that it takes so long to get them?

— End quote

Most of ours are in stock. The only 20mm poly eyes in the Bountiful Baby brand that we are currently out of stock on is the Newborn Dark Blue Gray. We have everything else. Here is a link:

But yes, we’ve had difficulty keeping eyes in stock, too.

Bountiful Baby

:evil: Down right ridiculous isn’t it? Now you see why I haven’t just ordered a couple pairs of eyes? That’s nothing go put two pairs of eyes in the cart at Irresistables once. LOL over $10.00.

— End quote

Yeah, they charge WAY too much for shipping!!

LOL went and checked… still out of all the eyes I need to order…14MM oval brown and the Poly ones you memtioned.

I need this size eye and color Last time they were in I received an email notification but by the time I got there, they were all sold out
#2366 - Newborn Deep Blue Sky – 22mm Bountiful Baby Eyes I agree its crazy to pay priority mail for one pair of eyes, but I also agree, seems to be a shortage, I wonder why?

Sandie wants $7.84 for shipping two pairs of tiny eyes.

— End quote

Seriously, can it cost that much to mail them…no

No she put them in the smallest priority mail box but that at the time should of been $4.90 not the $7.85 like I was charged plus businesses get a discount and the label had been printed online.

I just ordered 1 pr of eyes from Dolls by Sandie and she gives you a choice First class or Priority Mail. Maybe she changed it? You can have them shipped 1st class mail

I wasn’t given a choice because I buy glass eyes and they are only mailed priority mail. But still for two very light eyes I was still very over charged.

The eyes I purchased were glass 36.99 and I had a choice of Priority or First Class shipping, I believe those are the most expensive eyes she carrys

Wow now that is pretty weird. I bought two pairs of the Real Effects eyes in size 22MM. They were $2.00 more per pair so you must of bought the same ones as me. I was not given any choice how to have them shipped. She had emailed me when I asked about shipping and she said shipping would be $7.85 priority mail. I paid that same price for shipping on two pairs twice now. Hummm this is kind of strange isn’t it? I ordered mine about a month and a half ago. I wonder if she is doing something different on shipping them now.

She might be, I just ordered mine yesterday or the day before. Anyways I was happy to see 1st class shipping on them . Those eyes are beautiful aren’t they?

I always ask Sandi only for the Real Effects brand eyes. Some of them are made for different dealers and I didn’t like them as well. She tried to tel me they were all made by the same company there fore all the same eyes. I told her absolutely not! LOL She got a bit testy until I proved my point! Now she special orders them for me if she don’t have them. But I also use a lot of those eyes so it is to her adnvantage I guess to get them for me. I agree 100% they are the best I ahve ever found out there.

I bought the German Lauschaer Glass Eyes not sure if that is what you bought or not

Yes, that is the only type of eyes Sandi sells, but not all of them are made the same that she sells. The ones I buy are in a plastic tube that says Real Effects on the label itself.

Sandie says on her site that the German eyes are the 1st quality eyes, Im sure for that price they are Excellant Quality

Yes, all the eyes Sandi sells is number 1’s. I just am pretty fussy when it comes to the glass eyes I use and ever since I bought the Real Effects eyes a few years ago I don’t really like many others since. These eyes are beautiful!!! I insist on only them.

Thats odd if those eyes are so nice, she doesn’t list them on her site, Why is that?