Why do you reborn?

Doing a very non-scientific study (mainly for myself). If you don’t mind taking the survey I will post all results when complete.

1 - Why do you reborn? Is it just for yourself? For friends and family? As a hobby? Or a business?

2 - Where do you sell? Internet, Etsy, Ebay, Craft Shows, word of mouth?

3 - When did you begin reborning?

4 - Do you have a website?

5 - What is your favorite part of reborning? Your least favorite?

6 - Is there something that you struggle with in the reborning process?

7 - What medium do you use: Oils, Air dry paints, GHSP, other?

8 - How many (if any) dolls do you have in your OWN collection?

9 - Approximately how many un-reborn kits do you currently have in your possession?

10 - Approximately how many dolls do you complete in a year?

11 - Do you sew, knit or crochet your babies outfits?

12 - Do you ship internationally?

13 - Are you making any dolls for children? Or strictly adult collection?

14 - Do you or how do you advertise? Business cards, flyers?

15 - Have you gotten repeat customers?

16 - Do you do custom orders? What is the weirdest request you have gotten? What is the most upsetting request (mine was a stillborn)? What was the most joyous? (mine was a 12" preemie that survived).

17 - Do you consider yourself a novice, average or exceptional reborner?

18 - Do you have a background or degree in any type of art?

Judy

1 - Why do you reborn? Is it just for yourself? For friends and family? As a hobby? Or a business? I do it because I love babies and love to play with them. Plus I really enjoy bringing the joy to others that see them or buy them

2 - Where do you sell? Internet, Etsy, Ebay, Craft Shows, word of mouth?Internet, Etsy& word of mouth

3 - When did you begin reborning?March 2011

4 - Do you have a website?yes, http://www.maikenbabies.com

5 - What is your favorite part of reborning? Your least favorite? Finishing the process, assembling and photographing, least is ROOTING

6 - Is there something that you struggle with in the reborning process?ROOTING

7 - What medium do you use: Oils, Air dry paints, GHSP, other?GHSP

8 - How many (if any) dolls do you have in your OWN collection? I have 5 at my house

9 - Approximately how many un-reborn kits do you currently have in your possession?I have 2 in process, 2 coming in the mail and 1 other kit here waiting to start

10 - Approximately how many dolls do you complete in a year?Been at it 4 months, completed 21

11 - Do you sew, knit or crochet your babies outfits? Not yet, but could sew in the future

12 - Do you ship internationally?Does Canada count?

13 - Are you making any dolls for children? Or strictly adult collection?Both

14 - Do you or how do you advertise? Business cards, flyers?I have business cards coming

15 - Have you gotten repeat customers?So far, not yet

16 - Do you do custom orders? I have, but dont enjoy doing them because of perfection stressWhat is the weirdest request you have gotten? Mostly from guys who want them to play in traffic with ( I hate when they say that stuff!)What is the most upsetting request (mine was a stillborn)? I asked one of my customers why she wanted a reborn and she told me how she had had 5 miscarriages before her one child was born and she just wanted another babyWhat was the most joyous? (mine was a 12" preemie that survived).Mine was when the lady who bought my first reborned baby cried with joy over her

17 - Do you consider yourself a novice, average or exceptional reborner? I am an average novice, destined to become an average veteran

18 - Do you have a background or degree in any type of art?nope

Thank you Olivia’s Mom and Karen -

Come on ladies - give me your answers.

Judy

1 - Why do you reborn? Is it just for yourself? For friends and family? As a hobby? Or a business?
I reborn because I love babies and I love seeing this blank kit emerge into something almost lifelike. I started doing as something that I thought–hey, I can do that. In the begining it was to try it as a hobby. It is still a hobby, hoping to make sales along the way. Plus, I love dressing them and buying or making clothes.
2 - Where do you sell? Internet, Etsy, Ebay, Craft Shows, word of mouth?
Mostlly eBay and 1 craft show.

3 - When did you begin reborning?
I began in about March of 2003
4 - Do you have a website?
No
5 - What is your favorite part of reborning? Your least favorite?
Favorite–painting the layers and seeing that living “skin” appear and also putting it together. Least—probably rooting, though I don’t mind it.

6 - Is there something that you struggle with in the reborning process?
Not in particular. Not that I’m so great at everything. I think much of it is a learning process.

7 - What medium do you use: Oils, Air dry paints, GHSP, other?
GHSP

8 - How many (if any) dolls do you have in your OWN collection?
Well, I have some early orphans that I really don’t count, so, I have 6 and probably 3 more in the “don’t count” category

9 - Approximately how many un-reborn kits do you currently have in your possession?
10 - Approximately how many dolls do you complete in a year?
12-15 but that is mainly in the winter
11 - Do you sew, knit or crochet your babies outfits?
Sew mostly, but I crochet other items
12 - Do you ship internationally?
no
13 - Are you making any dolls for children? Or strictly adult collection?
adult
14 - Do you or how do you advertise? Business cards, flyers?
flyers, bs cards, word of mouth
15 - Have you gotten repeat customers?
maybe my first one coming up
16 - Do you do custom orders? What is the weirdest request you have gotten? What is the most upsetting request (mine was a stillborn)? What was the most joyous? (mine was a 12" preemie that survived).
no
17 - Do you consider yourself a novice, average or exceptional reborner?
average, trying to move up
18 - Do you have a background or degree in any type of art?
I did alot of art through out school, high school and some in college. Have always done some kind of arts and crafts

1 - Why do you reborn? Is it just for yourself? For friends and family? As a hobby? Or a business? ALL OF THE ABOVE

2 - Where do you sell? Internet, Etsy, Ebay, Craft Shows, word of mouth? EBAY, ETSY, SOME LOCAL, SOME DONATED

3 - When did you begin reborning? 2004

4 - Do you have a website? YES http://lildumplins.webs.com/
5 - What is your favorite part of reborning? Your least favorite? FAV IS PUTTING BABY TOGETHER WHEN FINISHED. LEAST FAVE IS ROOTING

6 - Is there something that you struggle with in the reborning process? EYEBROWS

7 - What medium do you use: Oils, Air dry paints, GHSP, other? GHSP AND AIR DRY PAINTS

8 - How many (if any) dolls do you have in your OWN collection? 19 INCLUDING MANUFACTURED AND REBORNS. I HAVE A 2 KITS TO REBORN FOR MYSELF AS WELL.

9 - Approximately how many un-reborn kits do you currently have in your possession? 9 AND ONE ON PRE-ORDER

10 - Approximately how many dolls do you complete in a year? 20-24

11 - Do you sew, knit or crochet your babies outfits? NOT USUALLY

12 - Do you ship internationally? YES

13 - Are you making any dolls for children? Or strictly adult collection? MOSTLY ADULTS BUT WILL MAKE FOR A CHILD UPON REQUEST

14 - Do you or how do you advertise? Business cards, flyers? WEBSITE, BUSINESS CARDS, WORD OF MOUTH

15 - Have you gotten repeat customers? YES

16 - Do you do custom orders? What is the weirdest request you have gotten? What is the most upsetting request (mine was a stillborn)? What was the most joyous? (mine was a 12" preemie that survived). OCCASIONALLY DO CUSTOM ORDERS. NO WEIRD REQUESTS HERE.

17 - Do you consider yourself a novice, average or exceptional reborner? MUCH BETTER THAN AVERAGE BUT MAYBE NOT QUITE EXCEPTIONAL.

18 - Do you have a background or degree in any type of art? NO

1 - Why do you reborn? Is it just for yourself? For friends and family? As a hobby? Or a business? Started as a hobby but trying to make a business out of it so I can make more I have to sell the other I made =)

2 - Where do you sell? Internet, Etsy, Ebay, Craft Shows, word of mouth? ebay, etsy, word of mouth

3 - When did you begin reborning? April 2011

4 - Do you have a website? etsy.com/shop/ktscraftsntreasures is my etsy shop, i dont have my own site

5 - What is your favorite part of reborning? Your least favorite? My favorite part of reborning is doing the mottling because that’s when the baby starts to come to life. my least favorite is not all of the rooting just rooting the swirl i find it impossible

6 - Is there something that you struggle with in the reborning process? Rooting the swirl, lip color

7 - What medium do you use: Oils, Air dry paints, GHSP, other? GHSP

8 - How many (if any) dolls do you have in your OWN collection? I dont have any that I can keep yet I try to sell the ones I make but I would like the keep the Robin I have for sale right now9 - Approximately how many un-reborn kits do you currently have in your possession?

10 - Approximately how many dolls do you complete in a year? I have made 3 since April 2011, soooo probably 1-2 a month at most

11 - Do you sew, knit or crochet your babies outfits? i sew baby quilts out of mixed fabrics and crochet everything else!
12 - Do you ship internationally? yes

13 - Are you making any dolls for children? Or strictly adult collection? I will make for all who want them. I am thinking berenguers for younger kids, monkeys too

14 - Do you or how do you advertise? Business cards, flyers? word of mouth and internet, social sites, just order business cards to put up on bulletin boards

15 - Have you gotten repeat customers? Not yet!

16 - Do you do custom orders? What is the weirdest request you have gotten? What is the most upsetting request (mine was a stillborn)? What was the most joyous? (mine was a 12" preemie that survived). Yes I have done a few customs, I have not had any strange requests

17 - Do you consider yourself a novice, average or exceptional reborner? I consider myself experienced ( I feel like I do a wonderful job and I feel my creations a beautiful) although I havent been at it for long, I feel extremely proud.

18 - Do you have a background or degree in any type of art? I am experienced in almost every arts n crafts area since working at acmoore for years