Why Bald?

I love bald -peach fuzz babies! all of mine were white or red ppeach fuzz then went bald when newborn.

3 Likes

No she didn’t. She is about 5’ 7" which is tall for our family. Most of us girls are around the 5’ 2" to 5’ 4". You would never know today that she was a preemie baby with quiet a few problems when born.

At Christmas season I ran a bald baby special where people could buy a fully painted reborn from me that was a little cheaper because it was bald. It was a big hit for me. I think it is because people rather save money and not risk having a badly done baby if they purchased one in their price range with hair. I have had one of my Christmas customers send me the Morris kit I have been working on for it to be done bald as well. I guess some prefer them bald too. I like the looks of rooted hair but I hate how my rooted haired babies always need their hair fixed. For me as a collector I have come to love painted hair babies a lot for ease of keeping them looking good.

5 Likes

That is a great idea!':thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::heart:

I personally have a thing for bald babies myself! I was a bald baby too. I like how they can still stay nice when you snuggle with them because you don’t have to worry about their mohair getting frizzy. plus I think they kinda look more realistic that way. And one of the things about reborns is that they are supposed to look realistic! Plus, I like that bald babies are somewhat cheaper and when you’re having one custom made, it helps the baby come home quicker!

3 Likes

My son and I were almost bald at birth, except some fine blonde peach fuzz on top. I still don’t have much hair!

5 Likes

I love baldy babies lol :slight_smile: sometimes the rooted hair can get messy ect. So good for less care too. 2 of my babies were proper bald (not 1 hair) my daughter remained bald for almost a year before even growing a tuft haha. X

2 Likes

Same here, I’m 5’7." For as tall as I was when I was a kid, I actually thought I’d be a bit taller. My parents are 5"10" and 6’1", but I guess I did all of my growing at once.