Who's with me on this?

I am happy to see all the special deals that BB offers us, but I would like to see time frames for the sales. Like Kendal and Cooper (for example) on sale from ______________ to _________________. A few times I had customers looking for a particular doll and by the time I tell them when it goes on sale and they respond ----the sale is gone and we have both missed out.

I agree. I know BB computer generates its sales based on supply but it would be nice to know how often Mr. Computer does an inventory count and readjusts availability.

I’m with ya!

I think that is the whole point of the marketing strategy; if you see it on special grab it now, because if you do not, it may not be available at that price any more. That creates sense of urgency. If the tell you 3 days, then people think about it and may not buy.

— Begin quote from “Ludmila”

I think that is the whole point of the marketing strategy; if you see it on special grab it now, because if you do not, it may not be available at that price any more. That creates sense of urgency. If the tell you 3 days, then people think about it and may not buy.

— End quote

Very true. Eyeballing the Kate kit that’s on sale right now. She is a perfect canvas for me to try and do for a closed eyed baby and I would love to attempt her as my first painted hair baby.

— End quote

Well I understand that when you are buying for yourself, but when customers are waiting for you to let them know if a particular doll is going on sale it sure doesn’t work.

— Begin quote from “judy”

I think that is the whole point of the marketing strategy; if you see it on special grab it now, because if you do not, it may not be available at that price any more. That creates sense of urgency. If they tell you 3 days, then people think about it and may not buy.

— End quote

Well I understand that when you are buying for yourself, but when customers are waiting for you to let them know if a particular doll is going on sale it sure doesn’t work.

— End quote

Do really people, who are about to order a doll that will cost them several hundreds of dollars, worry about the $10 -$20 that they might save on the kit? There is nothing stopping people to be put on BB mailing list if they want to wait for a bargain, buy the kit themselves and have it posted to your address to reborn at the quoted price.
If BB puts lets say 10 kits on special to attract customers, they do not know if the 10 sell in one day or 3 days, or not at all.

Well - I don’t know what others do, but if I quote a price to my customer and the kit goes on sale, I pass the savings on to them. A lot of my customers are repeat. One woman I sell to is on #18 from me. I have also had some young “ladies” who are paying for their own babies and every little bit they can save is beneficial to me.

Not to mention that BB’s normal price is already much cheaper than other kits. No doubt they can offer kits at that price due to the volume thay sell, but still, they cannot be making fortune. I do not know how much a kit would cost them, but then they have to pay to bring it to US, and they have overheads for their warehouse, and dispatch facility. I am not worried about whether kit is $15 or $30 (for me that is more like $45 and $60 with postage), I only start worrying when I buy kits that cost me over $100, because then I have to make sure I can at least get my money back, if the baby does not sell at the price I want.
I would be more concerned that BB will find that they are no longer profitable if people are only buying their kits while they are on special. Demanding specials from BB is pretty much like people wanting us to make dolls for under $100

As has been mentioned, the discounted kits are semi-automated based from the website recommendations that are made by calculating how many “days of stock” we have remaining of each kit. We very much appreciate customer’s input and ideas and take into account everyones opinions. I will see what I can do for this. Thank you

Personally, I like how they run their sales. I find it exciting and their urgency strategy works well with me!
It is always like an unexpected surprise, especially when a kit that I’ve been wanting goes on sale. I always order right away because I know they sell so fast. I see what the OP was saying though. For your situation, that makes sense. I also think it is very cool that BB replied to this thread. Shows they really care about their customers’ ideas!

Maybe if you can’t say when they will go on sale, just list the sale end date on the items? Like when a kit goes on sale it could say “Sale Price Only till July 10th! While Supplies Last!” Just an idea

— Begin quote from “CaliMel”

— Begin quote from “Bountifulbaby-Emily”

As has been mentioned, the discounted kits are semi-automated based from the website recommendations that are made by calculating how many “days of stock” we have remaining of each kit. We very much appreciate customer’s input and ideas and take into account everyones opinions. I will see what I can do for this. Thank you

— End quote

Thank you, Emily! It’s nice to hear BB’s input on this.

— End quote

I enjoy being a part of our forum!! And love hearing about and seeing all the beautiful reborns. Thank you everyone for welcoming me on here! I’ll always try to help and answer questions when I can.

— Begin quote from “mayberrybabies”

Maybe if you can’t say when they will go on sale, just list the sale end date on the items? Like when a kit goes on sale it could say “Sale Price Only till July 10th! While Supplies Last!” Just an idea

— End quote

Now - that’s what I’m taking about.

— Begin quote from “judy”

Maybe if you can’t say when they will go on sale, just list the sale end date on the items? Like when a kit goes on sale it could say "Sale Price Only till July 10th! While Supplies Last

— End quote

!" Just an idea

Now - that’s what I’m taking about.

— End quote

Isn’t it what BB does now? They offer handful of kits for sale “While Supplies Last”; some sell out in 24 hours others take few days.

Well, the while supplies last kinda thing, but it would be nice to know if a kit will be on sale for 24 hours or 3 days is all. Like they are doing for the 4th of July sale, but for all the specials.

Well, the while supplies last kinda thing, but it would be nice to know if a kit will be on sale for 24 hours or 3 days is all. Like they are doing for the 4th of July sale, but for all the specials.

— End quote

Exactly DeAnna -