Who is your problem child?

Lol, maybe they’ll look better once they’re all painted.

My problem children have been these two tiny preemies; Caleb & Rosebud. I just cannot get a feel for either of them and everything looks wrong with them. I’m going to auction them dirt cheap as painted kits only, I don’t even have the desire to put them together. Hopefully someone will grab them and they can get out of here. They have completely turned me off of preemie babies…never again.

3 Likes

I have a few kits like this. Was thinking of stripping and selling. I don’t even want to finish them.

Isn’t that the biggest bummer. Especially when it’s one you were originally excited about painting.

1 Like

Ellie Sue is giving me a bit of trouble. Because the prototype artists recommended varnishing her with matte before painting, I did that, and then I varnished again when the painting was finished - AND IT MADE THE PAINT CRACKLE

Whenever I pick her head up the pressure makes cracks appear across her nose, and if I stick a needle in her head the paint wrinkles like a ‘skin’ so once I start rooting I’ll have to be careful not to tear the paint off

I’ve considered painting over her nose with a thin layer of transparent gummy/flexible paint but I’m not sure.

Was the varnish cured properly? I’ve heard of more people who varnish before painting but never heard of any issues from them.

yes! both layers cured. A bit sad, but I was planning to keep her anyway

Quin was my problem child. Realborn had tons of creases and creasing is not my favorite thing. Many times during his making I said ‘Quin, you are going to be the death of me’. He turned out pretty well in the end.

4 Likes

I hate Lane with all my heart…sad but true. The paint dont want to stick on him (air dry), wattever I try. I am currently working on him for the 6th time. I swear I will finish him !

1 Like

This kit was terrible. She is one of the most beautiful kits but the vinyl is trouble.

I have that trouble too. Some people say varnish first and it was great the first round but through layers the paint wasn’t sticking to the varnish either. I may try the AR varnish on them.

1 Like

My little Noa. Had to strip him 3 times :roll_eyes: I love the kit and want to do another but I had so many issues with it.

Make me sad

Like my 1st son. He is Asperger. Lot of problems, lot of cries, of work, of hope, bad days and good days. Now he is 8 and wonderful little man.
Never give up on a child ! Even a plastic one :wink::laughing:

4 Likes

Hahaha so silly. I have a little girl with Schizencephaly and is nonverbal. She runs my house. I taught her do t let people run over her, she is the boss now! I figured if I can do ellie sue, other babies will be a breeze! Lol. BUT now I LOVE her. Not sure if I’ll sell her. She may be my new favorite.

3 Likes

I love that kit’s “skin” :wink:

And Nadia is adorable. I am glad she has you. You seem very patient and truly supportive. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! She is hilarious. She is my mind of reason, I ask her before I strip a kit. I am quick to strip and put in a box.

2 Likes

I couldn’t wait to get Caleb finished and sold. There’s just something about that kit that I can’t relate to so I feel your pain with him. I love Rosebud though! LOL

1 Like

Here’s my insult to injury with Rosebud…I actually started painting her a year ago and couldn’t get into her so sat her aside. I’ve rushed now to get her done so I could get her listed on the auction, and now come to find out these limbs I’ve struggled to paint don’t even belong to her lol.

4 Likes

Maybe that’s why you don’t love her. Her little limbs are really sweet!

1 Like

My problem child was ethnic Shyann. But I learned that I prefer building from a pale kit instead of painting over the darker kit and having to lighten the palms and bottom of feet. So I am going to try a regular kit next time around. And I did not like her limbs.

1 Like