Who is this baby on ebay?

Who is this? He’s on Ebay, says cloth body. I just can’t seem to place him

2 Likes

Liam by Bonnie Brown?

2 Likes

Fake Liam?

8 Likes

Yesssss ! I knew I’d find the answer here. Now he hasn’t been copied has he?

2 Likes

Oh no! They got liam too?

4 Likes

Nothing would surprise me - I don’t know for sure as I haven’t looked but I am pretty sure he would have been copied

2 Likes

Well the bottle and pacifier that comes with him looks like the ones that come with the stolen sculpt dolls.

2 Likes

Yes knockoff Liam.

5 Likes

Better safe than sorry - if in doubt don’t buy - check for other red flags
Price too cheap - country of origin - sellers feedback etc

2 Likes

Fake Liam, but wow…it looks really bad, like plastic. I feel so sad for Bonnie Brown…she’s an amazing sculptor and most of
Her sculpts has been stolen :cry: I feel like there’s less chance of counterfeit kits happening if the kits were limited editions :heart:

3 Likes

If the description says vinyl silicone or silicone vinyl it’s a knock off. There is no such thing. Under $75 is a red flag, too.

6 Likes

Liam’s BLANK kit is $140

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking.

He had a $60 BIN and already sold. Guess the seller won’t be answering my questions lol

1 Like

Fake reborns just have that look to them, they look greasy most of the time and it seems that the factory uses one color palette for each doll, this kind of peachy/salmon colored blushing and the ‘rooting’ is also awful too but… what can we expect for a factory painted reborn doll that was illegally reproduced. I’ve seen that lots of Bonnie Brown’s sculpts have been illegally reproduced and now the market is just full of these fake copies that are being sold as ‘cheap silicone vinyl reborn baby dolls’ when actually, they are totally illegal and are poorly made too.

I keep seeing lots of fake Saskia’s for sale, a lot of them are used and most of the time they are sold because people see the prototype photos that the scammers use to lure you in and then they receive a nasty factory painted doll that they no longer want :no_mouth:

I’ve never seen a Liam thus far but they’re awfully painted and don’t even look like reborn dolls, they just look like an awful copy lol

This stuff infuriates me, using photos of prototypes to lure people in to buying your awful stolen dolls really, really infuriates me.

3 Likes

Blank stolen Liam kits available on AliExpress! Don’t go there for anything - please don’t support them.

4 Likes

I will never buy anything at all from AliExpress, AliBaba etc because pretty much everything is illegally copied on both of those sites :sweat_smile:

I will continue to support the sculptors by buying kits directly from the sculptors or from an authentic legitimate kit dealer. Its worth spending nearly $100 or over $100 for a kit that is authentic

4 Likes

Thank you @RainbowArtDolls - and I 100% agree and do the same - I just made a separate topic about that company before I saw your response - should have waited…sorry everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fake knock off Liam unfortunately. Blanks are now being sold on AliExpress, Amazon,eBay, wish etc of Liam, Saskia,April, the twins, BB Joseph, and many more

3 Likes

Yeah, I saw this earlier on eBay and its so frustrating! This is one of the sellers that sells fake reborn doll kits - she sells lots of Bonnie Brown copies and I’ve reported the seller several times as she’s selling counterfeit items but nothing has changed