Who do you think did this?...Wow

I’m wondering how it took them hours to realize it’s not a real baby!
I don’t think it’s meant to be a movie stunt. Probably just a prank or accidental. But it seems like an expensive prank to use a reborn for that.

1 Like

I think somebody forgot it and they’re sure not going to claim it now.

2 Likes

You don’t disturb any parts of a crime scene, where a deceased person is involved, to preserve evidence. They thought this “baby” was dead due to its positioning and coloring and it wasn’t making breathing motions. So, they would establish a perimeter in which they would begin collecting all evidence within it (such as any cigarette butts, stray hairs or foot prints close by). Once they have gathered that information then the would deal with the deceased…finding out, in this case, that it was a reborn.

1 Like

I understand that. But one look at that picture and it’s obviously a doll to me.
But perhaps it’s different if you’re used to seeing reborns.

1 Like

But…in the picture, they clearly picked it up to place it in the body bag for transport. Even though they didnt want to disturb the baby or area it Seems like they would have felt the difference in it and the way a real baby feels in the torso area when they moved it, no matter how realistically it was made.
I haven’t seen a closer up picture than the one on the news but I think I’ve seen that baby for sale on reborns before.
Edited to add that in the first article I read there was less detail. In this one it seems the first time they touched the “baby” was when the put it in the bag. I wonder if the emt’s did not turn it over and look more closely. Evidently not.

There’s another thread about this subject. But I want to know if the doll in the article is this doll. I think the artist of this doll is on this forum, but I can’t think of her user name.

1 Like

@Katinafleming, yes!! That’s it. Same hair. I noticed in the nytimes article pictures there is a trampoline in the yard of the house where the doll is by the fence and the crime scene tape; and there are two adults talking in the yard. I wonder if a child threw or dropped the doll over the fence from their house.

1 Like

I saw the picture from the front and realized it is. My mind is still blown that they ever thought this was a real baby. That doll has a Mohawk. Babies don’t have Mohawks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s totally it! Same sculpt, same paint job.

That’s definitely the one! Same paint job and even the onesie that was mentioned in some articles. Good detective work, haha.

Well one things for sure, the artist should feel good knowing there work was so good that it fooled a lot of people!! :joy:. And yes I wouldn’t come forward now after all the embarrassment of the first responders have!! :joy:

1 Like

Is that the Maggie sculpt

I think so.

I’m most amazed that the EMTs examined it and even pronounced it dead, and didn’t realize right away it was a doll. :thinking:

2 Likes

Right?! That doll has an obviously fake bite mark on the back of one arm. And I can see it’s mohawk in the picture. How did they think it was real?! :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

And I don’t know how long a corpse continues to stink. But shouldn’t there have been at least a hint of death scent in the air? This story makes no sense at all. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Right?! I don’t get how a medical professional couldn’t figure it out. Especially with the cloth body and mohawk!

1 Like

Yeah. And they say in the articles the “baby” was 3 months old. Maggie is a newborn kit isn’t she?

1 Like

Did anyone find out if this is actually the baby from Lisa Hunt’s Reborns.com listing?