Who are you painting/rooting right now?

Ive gone post crazy today.
I am painting Mick Stoete and newborn Joseph asleep. Its my first time painting either of the newborn Joseph’s. So far I really like him, I love his little feet and hands. Im rooting a Joy Stoete head for a cuddle baby, next in line is Bipsey and Elle Sue.

Anxious to hear what the rest of you are up to if you are not painting contest babies, then its hush hush :wink:

5 Likes

I just finished re rooting Darren. Now I’m not working on anyone else. I’m expecting money soon but I don’t know if I should buy a kit with it or not.

3 Likes

You should definitely buy a kit :wink: just kidding…or am I? LOL

2 Likes

I’m putting off on rooting Miya. I don’t like rooting and don’t like the kit that much.
I’ve been working on painting Karlos Gall as well.

3 Likes

Haha I want to for sure, I don’t know which one though. I have some stuff to get but should still have enough for a kit

1 Like

Rooting is what I do when Im teaching my kids, we do a lot of computer work, or when Im having down/rest time. I am a fidgety person so rooting helps me but I understand why some people don’t like it.

Aspen and she’s being a difficult little lady.

3 Likes

Rooting my little Mick.

4 Likes

Awesome, can’t wait to see him :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a fidgety person too, but rooting… Nope. :rofl:

Oh I really love both newborn Joseph and the big Joseph
Right now I’m working on Johannah she needs hair and fine details on the fingernails
Also I have a primer coat on my 2nd big Joseph

3 Likes

Im holding out for the awake 3 month Joe…I have been wanting another asleep version though, I just had a hard time selling my first so I worry but he seems to have gained more popularity.

1 Like

I’ve been working furiously on my contest baby. BUT I have 3 month Joseph to do next and I’m SO excited! I have newborn Joseph asleep who is veeeery slooooowly getting rooted in between everything else.

4 Likes

I started painting a little one called Olivia this morning, she’s from the same dealer I got my little Belle’s kit from. She’s a sleeper with a half open mouth so she looks like she’s cooing in her sleep and I’m ridiculously in love with her lol and I’m a 3rd of the way through re-rooting Belle. I was proud of her rooting as far as it being my first try but I knew I could do better if I tried again so I pulled all her hair out and started again a couple of days ago. I’m using a rooting map this time and it’s going okay so far.

5 Likes

I never could get the hang of rooting maps so I just started rooting freehand and it comes out much better. I need to change things up a bit though because most of my babies hair looks very similar :wink:

3 Likes

I am not painting now, just finishing rooting Ethon and my Easter contest baby. I try to slow down a bit on painting as I want to reduce my stock of babies to sell before my moving.

4 Likes

I am making a baby with a baby with a trach for one of my patients out of a toy Berenguer doll. She is only 2 and is too little yet to understand why she needs a hole in her neck to breathe. At least she will have a dolly that is the same! And using this doll I don’t have to worry too much about realism.

9 Likes

I’m painting Dominic Ross and in between layers I’m finishing up my taite twins fine details. If I’m feeling up to it after i leave the gym I will start mapping the twins’ and Li’s heads later this evening.
I can’t wait to see your joy :blush:

2 Likes

I’m rooting Jake, painting Bailey, and am getting ready to assemble Ephram Hess.

2 Likes

I am not up to much in the dolly world. I did finish crocheting a dress and sun hat set a few days ago. I have to get good pics and post them. I know I keep saying that. I think my camera needs a new battery. It no longer charges. If I get a battery and it still doesn’t work, then I guess I will look for a new one.

I found that rooting (when I was rooting my last baby – the first one I did root) the dolls can be very relaxing and peaceful. But, I am not able to stay at it for a really long time. I wish I could. I think it would be nice. Oh well. While I am having down-time, I am learning for others here.

2 Likes