Where to buy mohair

hi fellow reborners, i read recently in the forum about where to buy good mohair and i can’t seem to find it now. can anyone help me? also, is there a way to hold head while rooting that will prevent pulling out hair that is already rooted? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,
I would contact Carolyn here on the forum (Sugargliderus). Her mohair is TDF. Very soft and silky and so beautifully processed. You could also try to contact Angela817? I think those are the numbers…maybe I am wrong, I usually am…LOL…her mohair is lovely as well.

As far as holding the head, I always hold onto the neck flange on the head itself, as there is no hair being rooted on the flange therefore preventing removing the hair that has already been rooted. That is just what I do. Other people may have other ideas. Hugs!!

thanks so much for your reply. i am looking for dk brown and BB is all out. i have used alpaca that i dyed myself but i am not patient enough to mess with the combing,etc. it gets so tangled. i hope to find some soon. thanks again.

You can also try Slumberland Mohair. I love hers!

I haven’t tried the other 2 mentioned above but I use Slumberlands and boy does good mohair make a lot of difference in rooting, with slumberlands you have hardly any wastage , and it is much easier to work with

thanks for the tip. i am going order some today. i am sooo glad this forum is back! i have learned so much from all of you. thanks again.

— Begin quote from “lynchie 1”

thanks for the tip. i am going order some today. i am sooo glad this forum is back! i have learned so much from all of you. thanks again.

— End quote

I won’t use anything but Slumberland, I buy the yearling. It’s so soft and very easy to root. All of Ellens colors are amazing, you will love it.

Of all the ones mentioned, I’ve only used Carolyn’s mohair. It is lovely and so nice to root. I have heard good about the others as well.