Where to buy blank full body silicones?

I’m looking into purchasing a BLANK full body silicone in a month or 2 that is at least 17" and has closed eyes but i’m not having much luck finding any that I like
where do you ladies that paint silicone get your kits?
thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Machpersons sells a couple now the larger ones are over $1000 (full price)

There are a couple smaller ones that are about $400-$450 full price

1 Like

I may have lied :wink: I dont think they have large sleeping ones…

1 Like

I saw this place but they know nothing about them MYA Babies Shop - MYA Babies

1 Like

They will be at ROSE :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been looking too and have been shocked by the prices! I saw a kit… unpainted baby for $1,600 :flushed:

1 Like

i saw the ones on mac’s i’ve been doing my research for a while :smile:
Probably won’t be able to get to rose until 2021 so i’m crossing my fingers I find one before then

i’ve looked on etsy, and at silicones from the bigger sculptors but most things are sold out :confused:

saw this website too a few days ago they’re sold out mostly too :frowning:

When I was looking to get a reborn, I was thinking of a silicone. I was told then that to purchase a completed silicone would be at least several thousand dollars – to get a good quality one. I can see why now. They are just so expensive to even buy the blank kit. I have no idea what tools and such are needed to make them. But, I decided I liked the vinyl ones. :slight_smile: And, then when I ordered from BB, I loved their vinyl. I am very happy with these. But I do understand that if a person is truly looking for a silicone that nothing else will do. BOL

I’ve been looking too, my problem is that I want a spine, armatures in the arms and legs, one piece pour and maybe a drink and wet system. Ridiculous of me cause I can’t afford one. Maybe I can find an unpainted one? Then save again to have it painted. It will still be too expensive. That is my dream baby. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I hope you can find one! Most of the blanks I see are little ones like 10 inches. I’ll keep an eye out for one though. Once I get good enough at sculpting I might be making some silicones this size, I’ll probably only really do preemies cause they’re my favorites. So like 15-17 inches generally.

2 Likes

Oh and I do want a preemie, biracial 16 inches, because the larger ones would be too heavy for me, lol!

2 Likes

This seller on eBay usually has some, and they’re reasonably priced!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/tracyharrington/m.html?item=254289813100&hash=item3b34da9e6c%3Ag%3AsrUAAOSwp-9dEADW&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

2 Likes

Doris just finished sculpting and pouring her first silicone. Amazing work. You can see photos of her Genesis in progress.

1 Like

Thanks @Sydster and @kimomax DMH Studio is on here too right? @DM-HStudio or @DMHStudio

2 Likes

Yes, she is. She is currently on her way to the Rose Doll show.

3 Likes

I recommend joining Facebook groups. You can then post in the groups asking for what you want and see what’s available.

A lot of silicone artists also have layaways, even for blank kits. I recently put my first silicone kit on a 6 month layaway!
This is the kit I’m getting, which I’m super excited for :blush:

8 Likes

I’ve been looking on Facebook too

What kit is that and who’s it by
so cute :slight_smile:

Bibi asleep from this page

2 Likes

Thanks!