Where do the eyebrows go?

Where would you put eyebrows on this little guy!!?? I am trying to sketch them with a pencil right now to see where and how they should go but I have been wipping it off all the time because I just don’t know where to put them. Maybe I should leave them off? I have tried to magnify the picture to get a closer look to see where they are but it just don’t magnify any good. I added a picture of what I have done so far. As a matter of fact, I am experimenting on the plastic beads so as to do spit bubbles inside his mouth.

Good question. I still tend to put mine too high on my babies.

I am pondering whether I should just leave it alone because I did do shadow over the eyebrow bone that gives the impression that there are eyebrows growing in. I even tried to follow that and put eyebrow on top but for some reason, it just don’t look right. Can I use matte heat finish varnish for inside of the mouth?

I try to go on the little humped area above the eye lids - not above it - not below it but right on it- on your baby - I can almost see the eyebrows. Also, sometimes - I use the top of the ear as a guide - go straight across - if your on the crease - go up a bit. I also use matte finish varnish on the area above the eyes and prisma pencils to do them - then seal with the matte varnish. Also, I turn the head upside down and take a look at it from that direction. Some babies have really REALLY low set ears (my aunt told me those types of ears were a sign someone was deranged…lol) - and in that case - the ear tops would not be a good guide. Your baby- looks like if you went from the highest part of his ear - straight across to above his eye - you’d have a pretty good landmark on where to put them.

He is beautiful baby the way

Yes you could matte varnish his mouth but I would go for something that would give the moist look like a little gloss varnish. Do you have any of the tiny clear beads? I am going to do spit bubbles around the base of the tongue. That sculpt looks to me like it is screaming for spit bubbles. Maybe use a touch of paper glaze if you have it.

What kit is it. Maybe we can find a close up online so we can see better. He has such a wrinkly little forehead it’s really hard to tell.

Desma, I DO NOT use the matte sealer inside of the mouth…or the lips.You do not want them to have that texture. I use the matte air dry varnish on the lips and gloss in the mouth.

Is it quinton? Never mind I saw a larger pic I do not know who it is.

— Begin quote from “Desma”

I am pondering whether I should just leave it alone because I did do shadow over the eyebrow bone that gives the impression that there are eyebrows growing in. I even tried to follow that and put eyebrow on top but for some reason, it just don’t look right. Can I use matte heat finish varnish for inside of the mouth?

— End quote

I thought I saw shadowing or the look of eyebrows - I like!

I would put the initial line in the middle of the browbone. It is below your line. They wont be even because the baby is frowning. Here is a tip for you, I use light colored chalk to draw initial lines, ( Peachy tones and white as the blue will stain if it is left on for 2 long) it comes right off. I use the chalk for my hair mapping as well.

From fine arts class I learned how to draw portraits and how the eyebrows are positioned. If you were to draw a line diagnally from the corner of the mouth to the corner of eye and then up to the outside of were the eyebrow will end. For the center of the eyebrow you would draw a vertical line from the edge of the nostrils straight up to where the inside of the eyebrow would begin. As far as the arch you aline it with the pupil of the eye if the eye were centered in the socket. This technique has helped me greatly! I agree with the post in regards to the height of the eyebrow and the ears. Hope this is helpful!

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

Yes you could matte varnish his mouth but I would go for something that would give the moist look like a little gloss varnish. Do you have any of the tiny clear beads? I am going to do spit bubbles around the base of the tongue. That sculpt looks to me like it is screaming for spit bubbles. Maybe use a touch of paper glaze if you have it.

— End quote

I just wanted to clarify in case I’ve snagged up this string - when I mentioned matte finish - I was not talking about the mouth at all - I was talking about the eyebrows - like using a big of the matte varnish as a base - so the prisma pencils will not just slide across the vinyl- then I seal them for good measure - but not the mouth. Just wanted to clarify.

— Begin quote from “prettybabydolls”

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

— End quote

I just wanted to clarify in case I’ve snagged up this string - when I mentioned matte finish - I was not talking about the mouth at all - I was talking about the eyebrows - like using a big of the matte varnish as a base - so the prisma pencils will not just slide across the vinyl- then I seal them for good measure - but not the mouth. Just wanted to clarify.

— End quote

Same here, if you use prisma for brows, hair, or nails.

I am really sorry that I forgot about this thread and the questions I was asked. I never intentionally would ignore anybody. It is kind of a fluke how I got to do these eyebrows. I know I stroked on fine strokes of paint that were very light and let them dry and then I used thickening medium and stroked and stroked until I got them how I felt looked right. I let them sit and dry and then went over them againa with a very fine paintbrush again. I hope I can do this again!!