Where did my mottle go ?:/

Working on Dominic - I did primary wash red blue yellow (baked) then started mottles-crimson and a purple (baked) I did it very thin ( trying not to be as heavy handed as I have been ) - but could see the mottle before I baked :confused: now can’t see any -do I go back and do those colors again or will they show up when I start flesh tones :confused: -trying for a softer baby look :confused:

3 Likes

My realborns eat my reds too, drives me crazy

4 Likes

I would reapply. I’ve had vinyl that absorbed that paint many times, but I’ve never seen the coloring reappear after it disappeared.

If you prefer, you can always do some skin layers first and then add more mottling layers if needed.

2 Likes

I would do another layer or two of primary washes then try your mottle colors. The vinyl is eating it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s exactly what happened to mine!! I’m following Jackie Kramer video so I don’t know if I should start over again with the mottling. Also having trouble with the creases.

1 Like

Haven’t even tried the creases yet :confused: lov that skin tone :heart_eyes:

I see beautiful creasing!!! Mine is too dark, your’s is perfect!

I stripped that hand a dozen times, it was either to dark or to many creases. Very frustrating! But thanks after all that frustration it’s good to get someone else insight!! Thanks. But the mottling looks more like a red arm with streaks. This is only my 2nd reborn and still don’t no what I’m doing, I’ll repeat her steps and mottle again, just afraid it’ll keep turning out this way,