When you say you finally finished x kit, after some months

When you finally finished a kit after x amount of months. What is the reason? Is it because you started another kit, you didn’t like how it was turning out, you didn’t wanna finish rooting it or you just got tired of it?

3 Likes

Usually it’s because I don’t like the way it turns out. I get discouraged.

3 Likes

All of the above! I have 4 babies here needing to be rooted, one to be finished rooting and 3 partway painted :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I lack motivation because I’m always tired and also I work so much I rarely have time to paint except for the summer.

2 Likes

I just get lazy to finish those last few details. I currently have one baby who needs a touch-up on her fingers, one who is waiting for the cable ties to be cut, and one who needs to have his body “tucked in” a bit. I just get too excited to start the next one to finish those boring little tasks lol.

3 Likes

Not enough time. Travel nurse and new assignment in Chicago. Manager won’t put my days together so only able to come home for 2-3 days every other week.

2 Likes

I’m usually just really slow.

2 Likes

Mostly my health prevents me from just working on one steadily.

2 Likes

I crochet for my reborn and the reasons I switch projects is the same as some of the reasons some of you have for not finishing the dolls!:grin:

2 Likes

For me it’s my health like some others have said, also if customs come up in between if it’s a make to sell I’ll set it aside to work on a custom

2 Likes

Oh wow, be safe. Thank you for what you do! I use to want to be a nurse many years ago. After I started at the nursing home, I changed my mind. The nurses was always complaining about what they had to do n not enough time. I provide care for the elderly.

1 Like

I get easily frustrated and need a cool down period. It also seams that my learning curve gets me one step beyond what I was able to accomplish with the last kit that flustered me lol it’s always something :flushed:

I’m a perfectionist

2 Likes

I always finish painting every baby- I have never quit painting one! I have some waiting for hair. 3 Month Joseph has been waiting for over 3 months. Lol

3 Likes

I try to finish a kit when I start it. I usually pitch it to the side if it’s not turning out to my liking. That’s good you finish painting each kit you start.

2 Likes

For the first time I have 2 babies that I am not happy with. I’ve set them aside and will be finishing them as I have time. I did not like the way they were turning out but will still finish them.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say hi! I’m in nursing school and should graduate in August if everything works out with preceptorship and Covid doesn’t derail us! This summer is my last term.

3 Likes

Good luck n congratulations

1 Like

I tend to get frustrated so I put it away for awhile. It seems better for me to take a break and finish later.

3 Likes

Good luck. It is the most rewarding and frustrating field.

1 Like

I worked a nursing home when I was 18. Won’t ever do that again. They become your family. And it is hard to see the neglect. And losing them.

4 Likes