What's up with the eyes on this one?

I’m thinking about ordering this kit when it becomes available. I think she’s really cute, but I’m trying to be a lot more careful when ordering kits these days… Is there something weird with the eyes or is just the way the lashes were done?

She is cute but that left eye definitely looks alil crossed to me :confused:

1 Like

What’s bothering me is that space between the eyeball and the outer eye. Can’t tell if it’s just bigger than it should be or if it’s the way the lashes were placed.

Saskia traumatized me. I’m not messing around with weird eyes anymore. :grin:

4 Likes

I see that now too - it is alil wide -I ve only done one doll with eyes - i ve bought several kits that need them -but inn scared to do them lol :joy:

1 Like

I think she’d be really cute if the eyes were set differently. Newborns sometimes look cross eyed but when toddlers eyes cross, they need glasses. Lol

2 Likes

I would def pass on it, JMO

3 Likes

It’s so weird it looks like there’s a huge gap in the eye socket. I would pass.

2 Likes

That space at the end of the eye makes it look like whoever made her used the wrong size eye. Or they used round ones and needed to have used ovals. Have you seen a photo of a blank kit? That might clear things up a little.

1 Like

I don’t see the gap in this unreborned kit.

I think the eye sockets look very deep. It looks like there’s just a lot of extra vinyl between the eyes and the lashes. Maybe strategically-placed eyelashes would clear that issue up.

1 Like

It looks to me like the eyeball was not pushed all the way to the front of the socket on the doll’s right eye, especially. The oval might fit better. That might be all it would take to fix the problem.

1 Like

I think I am going to pass. If a prototype artist could not camouflage that, I’m not even going to attempt it. :grin:

4 Likes

She’s a bit weird jmo

Personally I don’t like Crossed eyes on any of the babies period. JMO. This one is not for me, maybe if the eyes were set differently the doll would be cuter.

The eye sockets are definitely not right. It looks like one of those kits that does not matter what you do, the eyes are never right. At least for me, the eyes are one of the most important things on my dolls.

4 Likes

She’s a little cross eyed and looks like she’s wearing eyeliner. It seems like the eyes the lashes were rooted beyond the outer edges of the eyes to make them look bigger. I don’t think the kit is defective. I think it’s how she was reborned that makes it look that way. I think she could be a really cute toddler.

3 Likes

I think the way her eyelashes are rooted it looks like eyeliner. I’m not sure if it’s really a gap. Not what I personally like, but I guess some people are into it.
Maybe wait until there are more people who’ve reborned her and then decide? She looks like a cute kit.

1 Like

These eyes don’t look right to me did they do that on purpose ?

2 Likes

I think it’s all how you position the eyes and where you put the lashes. Personally for me I like the placement of the eyes because it gives the doll ‘life’ so to speak. It makes the doll stand out from the rest. I feel as if all these years you find dolls and the eyes are straight on. I don’t care for that. I plan to have all my dolls looking in different directions I don’t plan to sell my dolls so it relies on my personal opinion. Now on this doll I don’t care for the lash placement but I adore those eyes. :heart:

It’s not the eye positioning I’m worried about; I can change that. It was this part… that “skin” between the eyeball and outer eye.

3 Likes