What?

I have put 2 flesh colored complexion layers on and I was wondering if 1) it was optional to put on a “warming” layer as a 3rd layer before blushing?[details=Summary]This text will be hidden[/details]

So sorry for the unfortunate accident and I can’t imagine what you are going through. I pray that you will fully recover in time. It was encouraging to know that you are doing the best you can and your desire to continue as an artist is an inspiration to many of us. God bless.

The Accident was in 1994…The Set was in Country Weekly magazine and was the Featured Article. I have since moved on and cope with it and other serious health issues…I am a survivor, not a victim. Thanks for your Understanding. :blush:

Thank you so much, V Carter! :kissing_closed_eyes:

Your a tough cookie! Your first doll looks amazing and I love how open and encouraging you are to others! Keep having fun :blush:

Awwwww, Thanks, Jennifer, right back atcha! :kissing_heart:

This is an art form that is easier for some than others but it is an art form all it’s own. Glad you are enjoying it. I know I am. My style will not be the same as everyone else’s and that is a good thing. Your style will be “you”. Just have fun and maybe even make some dolly dollars. (Sometimes maybe even more) Most importantly Enjoy yourself.

I love getting to know other people over the internet, and have made some good friends that way. However, long-distance friendships where the people never meet in person can be deceptive. Even real life relationships are based on what the other person lets you know about their life and interests, online relationships are much harder and involve a lot of assumptions on both sides.
I would doubt most of the people on this forum (just assuming a normal percentage of strangeness exists here as in the rest of the world) would want to make you feel uncomfortable in any way. If you present yourself as a visual artist, a normal assumption would be that you draw or paint. For a lot of us that has made the transition to being a reborn artist a little easier. Assuming the above, the next step would be to think you would find painting reborns a little easier than someone who has never drawn or painted at all. But no one here would know how much it would hurt you if they said you would have an easier time than other newbies since you are already an artist unless you let them know why. The more we know about someone, the more we can truly relate!
I’m glad you told us about the injury your had and the effects it had on your ability to paint. I’m sure not glad it happened to you, and it sounds like you’ve been through a lot of pain on a lot of levels. I can’t imagine being a painter and then having that ability ripped away from me. Having something happen to my hands, or my ability to take what is in my head and let it out using my hands, is one of my greatest fears. I would want to get that skill back too, but relearning how to live your life was probably a higher priority until now. It sounds like you’ve come a long way and I, for one, am glad you are trying to find your painting skills again by making reborns. I hope it works!
If someone has made you feel uncomfortable, I hope it wasn’t intentional. You don’t deserve that, and you have every right to go through the learning process of becoming a reborn artist at your own pace. We all are finding our way along similar paths, some are just a bit more twisty than others!
Not sure what I must have missed today, but based on your post it sounds like it must have been a bit rowdy. Keep your eye on the prize and if you want to learn to paint and create reborns, there are lots of us here to support you. Keep asking if you need help, and don’t let whatever happened today dampen your enthusiasm. This forum is full of very good and helpful people!

Well said.

2layz…that meant more than I can express in words. :cry:…Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, Angela! :kissing_closed_eyes:

I don’t know what was said or what happened but sometimes you just have to ignore the people that are not helpful and move on. About your warming layer, I don’t think it matters when you do it. I do every baby different. I am trying to develop my style, lol. I remember when I did my first baby it looked so weird, then once I put the flesh color on it changed everything. Another baby around my fifth I wanted to throw away but didn’t. Hope you are doing well.

Thanks, Anne~ it’s wasn’t a good day. maybe tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Wishing you a day full of hope, joy, and blessings :blush::heartpulse:

Awwwww, Thank you Summer! I hope your day is filled with great things as well! :kissing_heart:

I totally missed something, but hugs to you @GypsyRoss. It sounds like something may have been said to upset you here. I am sorry for that whether it was intentional or not.

@Anne, I’m still trying to develop my own style too. I do each one different and have a hard time following tuts. Oh and I want to try all the styles. :wink:

Thanks so much, Paula for the good wishes! it was a hectic and emotional day…the good thing is that it is over :blush: It actually boosted my resolve, even tho I was exhausted…so I , painted! What better way to heal a bad day, right? Hope you are well! :kissing_heart:

I also missed the first part i assume it was deleted?
AnywayThere is no right or wrong with paiinting and as with everything else practice makes perfect Youll find your own tricks
.If you feel its too pale try a warm layer.Cant hurt.
For me usually once i mottle there is enough color However i go back and redo many layers with more paint if im not happy .mottling shading veining blushing I start light you can always add.usually its just not dark enough for me There is no real formula or order to painting a doll just whatever you like.

thank you for the input , Roxanne…I am coming to find, it is about “individual taste” really…I am experimenting LOL,I have no idea what I’ll come up… hopefully, someday, a worthwhile doll, until then, I’m getting more broke by the day with this new"hobby"…my goodness one can spend a lot to make a baby! :stuck_out_tongue: Again, Thanks :kissing_heart:

Haha yes you can! but good thing is paints last a LONG TIME Most of my paint im on the same tiny jars Only a few have i needed to reorder .
I started this hobby October or November 2015 i think!! .