What will you do with your stimulus check?

I’m very fortunate (and grateful) that I’m retired so I wasn’t laid off and can still pay my bills. I’m hoping to save my stimulus money for the 2021 ROSE show.

6 Likes

My mom said she will pay bills lol

2 Likes

Pay bills. I am still teaching remotely, so I do still get paid but Hubs is furloughed from the entertainment industry until they begin shooting again. Whatever I have extra is straight up going to ROSE 2121.

2 Likes

Do we have to apply for a stimulus check?

Well our fridge and stove decided to both go out so I will be replacing them and if I have anything left I will get realborn Ever.

1 Like

From what I understand, if you filed a tax return last year or this year, and it was direct deposited, you don’t have to do anything.

1 Like

Pay bills

2 Likes

Well, that just stinks.

Yup.

1 Like

Ooooh what does he do?
I was set photographer for two films here in Rochester

Most fun I’ve ever had working all my life! Worst hours too LMAO

I agree this is unfair. My parents are confused because they believe they are both getting money because they are on social security, but my Mom is a dependent… but since neither has an income I wonder if they filed separately.

I have no idea how we filed our taxes for our three kids who live with us but are employed and all over 18. So idk if they will get money since we support them.

If you file a dependent you should get $500 for them regardless of age. But I guess children don’t get social security so that is their reason for that?

Annoys me because last year we had a girl and her daughter living with us and I watched her daughter, didn’t charge her rent or for gas or food or childcare. She worked part time at McDonald’s and got about $8000 back from taxes and spent it all on tattoos and two vacations to Florida I was hoping she’d save it and get a car or her own place. Ugh!

That’s a different story though

2 Likes

My will be the start of my dream lol ! A piece of land for my tiny house seriously. I like to start small and show the grand kids everything is possible even starting small.

2 Likes

Then theres no luck for me because I try to keep my bank acct out of washington

1 Like

If we get one… a new water heater (ours is ready to go any day) and replacement boards for the rotted ones on our deck… and bills. I am temporarily out of work (executive director of our community center), and if my husband’s job shuts down we will need virtually every penny to survive this (economically).

2 Likes

He is the best boy grip usually, sometimes a third. They build all of the rigging that electrical attaches to and set builders work on. He has worked a couple of movies, but mostly shows. He has done Walking Dead, Stranger Things, Haunting of Hill House, Lovecraft Country, The Gifted, and a couple of network shows.

3 Likes

Ooooh I have spent so much time with the grip guys. They are my favs cause they make the magic happen! He’s worked on some great shows :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Stimulus check ———>>> PAY BILLS :weary:…and maybe a kit :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve heard other stories like yours. It seems the ones that don’t get it are the ones who need it the most!! I don’t think this whole thing was thought out very well. :angry:

3 Likes

I will probably pay bills. My husband is unemployed right now. With the Federal assistance we will be a little short. But since neither of us are actually going to work we should be able to make up the difference. I work for the county. Right now I am working from home. If this goes on for a while they will start layoffs. But since I usually owe money ours will take longer to get here. I did hear the IRS was setting up a website for the ones they don’t have the direct deposit information.

2 Likes

College students are also not getting the check.

3 Likes