What style of Nostrils?

Do you like babies with open or shaded nostrils and why?

I like them either way depending on the nostril depth but i think if done correctly open noses look extra realistic.

1 Like

I love the open nostril look and idea but I’m afraid to do it. I hate shading nostrils they usually end up to realistic and boogerie

3 Likes

I prefer shaded nostrils, it actually looks more realistic to me. There’s just something about open noses that looks too harsh. I don’t think human nostrils are actually that dark, but that’s just my preference!

2 Likes

Open nostrils look exactly like they are- like drilled holes backed by black felt. I prefer shaded.

3 Likes

I prefer shaded, but it needs to be done correctly. Look at pictures of a real baby before attempting.

1 Like

Open nostrils could end up tearing open further. Shading is safer from a structural standpoint.

2 Likes

I prefer shading. I’d be afraid they’d tear if I opened them.
Most newer kits have deep enough nostrils anyways, so it’s much easier to just shade them.

1 Like

If the nostrils aren’t very deep they don’t look good opened. The ones I did in the past, I backed with dark flesh colored fabric. I never did like black or purple because it looked unrealistic to me. I never had one tear. There really isn’t anything to cause it to. It’s very easy to nick the vinyl if you drill it and you can ruin the face. I think most people these days just shade them. It’s much easier.

2 Likes

I opened Ever’s nose :slight_smile: still needs some shading but I think it looks fine.

2 Likes

That looks good to me. :slightly_smiling_face: