What should I do?

I am so confused about a situation–
in March I took a class on reborning- it was just me and the instructor.
I paid her $300 for the class and for a complete BB kit.
My kit did not come in time for the class, so she didn’t have it that day.
She did give me a few air dry paints and an old sculpt she had to take home with me though.
She said she would mail me my kit.

It has been 3 months, and still no kit.
First apparently she was very sick, and in the hospital.
Then she said her son was supposed to send me my kit, but he accidently sent it to the wrong lady,
but she’d order me a new kit.

Then a couple weeks later I texted her asking where my kit was. She said she had ordered me a kit from
BB, and it would be there in a few days and she’d send it right off.

I texted her 2 weeks later, and she said that she was having a lot of money/ job problems,
and didn’t have money to order a kit yet apparently. I told her to send me ANY kit-- I dont care what
kit it was, just I NEED those paints please.

SHe keeps saying “You’ll get your kit-- I’m not trying to rip you off or scam you”-
and perhaps she is NOT–
she was a very nice lady at her house, and very hospitable.
but–
its been 3 months now and still no kit, and I’m angry. I was understanding for the 1st month, but
now I’m just angry. I have kits to paint and orders to fill, but I am waiting on the GHS paints in the
kit to come, and also the rest of my supplies.

Since I paid for the kit already (In March, by Pay pal)–
I dont know what to do!
My sister thinks I should take her to small claims court.
She might be a member here-- who knows-- if you ARE, then send me my kit!!

What in the world should i DO?

I would contact Paypal first to see if there is anything they can do to help the situation. If not, I would let her know you are giving her a last chance, then go after it in whatever way you have to.

At this point i dont mind giving her name… Its been too long. Her name is donna ashworth and she lives a couple hours outside of dallas

wow…$300 for the wrong paints, an old kit, and some time at her house…That’s pretty steep.
Which complete kit were you supposed to get? It sounds like you were supposed to get your kit and receive instructions on how to paint this kit with GHSP (not airdry) and this did not happen. She failed on all levels. Contact PayPal immediately. She may have never ordered your kit…and it sounds like she just keeps making up stories every time you contact her. I’m thinking you will get your money back because you DID NOT get what you paid for…keep us informed.

That is rough and unfair to you. If she couldn’t give you what she promised at the first, she should have given you your money back then. Forcing you to wait another three months to get the supplies plus not having the instruction she promised is wrong of her. She needs to either give you the money back now or face the consequences. She should have spent the money she got from you on first keeping her promise to you. Sounds like paypal may be your only optoion.

WOW!
Some people are gutsy!
Let’s see…I will offer a class and charge 300 dollars…then I will pay my utility bill with the money! Then when the student shows up I will hand her some old Delta paints leftover from a craft class at the rec center and send her on her way!

Good grief! I think I would call the cops! This is more like robbery than a dispute.

joy

Joy, Gutsy was the word I was thinking, too. I’m sure she has expenses like we all do…but really, it wasn’t her money to begin with!

$300 is too much to “donate” to this lady, no matter how nice she is; this is theft. Call Paypal. They can refund you. Or your credit card can do a “charge back”. Let her know you will have to file a police report against her.

You can buy a “complete kit” on bountiful baby for $150 and “paint by number” instructions for $5!

I texted her today that if i did not get my kit i would call the police about the money she stole from me and file a claim on paypal.
She texted back right away to plz not file on paypal, the address is an eldery lady who is helping her out. that i’d get my refund by 6 pm
I said i dont care whose paypal acct it is, if i dont gey my $ by 6:15 i will file a claim.
So she has four hours left.
Geez.

Ok now she is overnighting me a check. I sure hope so.

Good for you! Dont ever let anyone take advantage of you…Wow Unbelievable

Too bad she didn’t send a postal money order…

If you get the check today… I hope the check it written on a local bank so you can get the funds cleared without the problem of a hot check…

So sorry this happened to you.

— Begin quote from “rjbour”

If you get the check today… I hope the check it written on a local bank so you can get the funds cleared without the problem of a hot check…

— End quote

That’s exactly what I was thinking! For .48 she can go to Walmart to buy a money order that you KNOW is good. I’d truly hesitate to take a check from someone who has already scammed me and how is going to get you a check TONIGHT??? It may go to the mail tonight.

Also, if that check bounces – you will also pay a fee to your bank for that - not just her. I’ve had that happen to me when a friend borrowed money, then gave me a bad check to pay me back. I even held it for her so that she had time to put the money in — guess what – it still bounced and I got hit with a bounced check fee.

PLEASE TEXT HER BACK & ASK FOR A MONEY ORDER!

— Begin quote from “Ginnylee”

— Begin quote from “rjbour”

— End quote

That’s exactly what I was thinking! For .48 she can go to Walmart to buy a money order that you KNOW is good. I’d truly hesitate to take a check from someone who has already scammed me and how is going to get you a check TONIGHT??? It may go to the mail tonight.

Also, if that check bounces – you will also pay a fee to your bank for that - not just her. I’ve had that happen to me when a friend borrowed money, then gave me a bad check to pay me back. I even held it for her so that she had time to put the money in — guess what – it still bounced and I got hit with a bounced check fee.

PLEASE TEXT HER BACK & ASK FOR A MONEY ORDER!

— End quote

Ginnylee I totally agree with you… there is no way I would accept a check… so many problems there. It can take over 14 days or more to clear… and I doubt it would… Just because she has a check doesn’t mean she has money in the bank…

And a person like that I can’t imagine anythings in the mail that fast… I would be amazed it anything arrived overnight…

Again it is so sad what people do… I’ve had 3 non paying bidders on eBay in 2 months, and I think I have another one I’ll be filing on tomorrow…

If you get a check, and that is a big if… I would take it to her bank to cash it. Then you know right away if it is gonna bounce or not, and then you don’t have fees from your bank. At $300 it is a federal offense to write a bad check… Then you make it a police matter.

This name has come up before on Doll Fan you may want to read this thread.

http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f … h#p2498462

LOOKS LIKE SHE’S BEEN A BUSY BEE FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS —and not her first scam either.

Wow… Interesting reading thiank you for finding that for me.
thatis the lady i am talking about, on doll fan
I got a money order from her today plus she sent me two doll kits which are pretty nice… The m…o… Wasnt the full amount but you know what, i am so tired of dealing with this lady that i am done with it. I got two new, nice doll kits and $70 of my money back,and i am putting this behind me. I was hoping for $100 but i am just so done dealing with this lady,l

Me too. Will never do business with her again though! At least it is behind me.

I thank you so much for everyone’s support. It means a lot.

Sorry for all the typos I have got a broken thumb

A broken thumb!! Oh my gosh. I hope it’s starting to heal.

I’m glad you have had some resolution. The best thing you could have done was to give her name out. Now if we can all work together to make sure her name is known and hope it doesn’t happen to anyone else.