What’s the best place to get advice in reborning

Hi. I’m new to reborning and sometimes have questions on it. I do go to utube but one can’t ask questions really. Does anyone know a forum that I can ask specific questions?

1 Like

Patron is good for that, this is Melissa George’s site https://www.patreon.com/mgdolls
You do have to pay 9 dollars a month but its well worth it, she has tons of info and always answers questions.

3 Likes

Fire away @Leslie someone will come along and answer your questions!

5 Likes

Thank you I might try that site. I’ll also try this site. So many people seem to be so accomplished and I’m asking basic questions so feel kinda intimidated lol.

2 Likes

You can ask questions on this forum, haha.

1 Like

Don’t feel intimidated, everyone has to ask basic questions when they are first starting out. You also might check the spyglass up in the corner and find some answers to your questions.

4 Likes

@Leslie here is my first post with basic questions, lol.
http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/air-dry-paints-question/36883
Now I use Liquitex Professional Paints and very rarely use Folk Art Glass and Tile.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll try not to feel intimidated but man the beginners that show there work are soo good. Lol. My poor baby has mistakes. :blush:

1 Like

Ive only been doing this for a year, I am still learning…my first baby I gave to my daughter, poor thing LOL

1 Like

I’ve recently completed my first. Its harder than it looks but it is so fun. Not saying mine is good or anything but it was a fun experience. we are all here to help you out! Ask away! :heart: we are a friendly bunch and will be glad to help out.

1 Like

Also the search function on this site will help a lot. It is the magnifying glass in the top right corner

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ll try the search.

after you gather some basics, but lots of spare limbs or cheap 2nds kits, on the reborn supply sites and Practice, Practice,Practice… teaching yourself is still the best way, IMO… and BOL

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Don’t be intimidated. I have been reborning for over 10 years. Its a learning experience for sure. But we all started somewhere. You are in luck. When I started there was very little public information about how to do it. I started out buying dolls at Wal-Mart. Stripping them and using creme paints and wigs. Lol.

4 Likes

We’ve all been down this ‘first reborn’ road. Rest assured that even exceptional first babies had some mistakes along the way. Asking questions is how we learn and gain experience to get better at it. There’s always something new to learn, even when you’ve been reborning for years. There are lots of people willing to share their knowledge, ideas and experience right here on this forum. Stick around and ask away. :smile:

5 Likes

You are on a good forum to ask questions.

2 Likes

@Leslie, a really good way to get answers to questions is to use the spyglass in the upper right hand corner of the page. Just type in your question and you will get lots of info on just about anything reborning you would possibly need. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, just ask here, someone will be along to help soon. Good Luck.

1 Like

Feel free to ask questions. We’re not all accomplished artists here. We all try to help each other. You can also look up items using the magnifying glass at the top of the page. You can type in a subject and it will bring up past posts about it.

1 Like