What kit has been a good seller for you?

Wow. I had no idea. Good to know.

You really could do either. In this case, I probably would list them separately, but maybe include a couple of pics of them together, mentioning that the twin is also available in a separate listing. They should contact you if they want to buy as a set so you can combine shipping.

2 Likes

I wish very much that there was a no-selling Facebook page that just shared ‘less-loved’ sculpts. Not only would this possible create greater interest in sculpts other than the super popular ones, it would also help drive more traffic to artists…I have found that most artist I like only sell through their FB pages and sometimes it’s very hard sort through them all.

1 Like

Lol! Yes I suppose I will :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be great ! There is so much beautiful sculpts out there and nobody seem to care about.

2 Likes

I don’t like gaping mouth sculpts either. I seem to not like the ones everyone else loves. Although… I do try and buy and paint sculpts I don’t care for, it’s easier to not keep them!!!

7 Likes

But on the downside @Nikkiroc you paint a kit you hate it doesn’t sale you are stuck with a baby you hate :smile:

3 Likes

:smile: Good point!

Idk about the rest of you, but I have a really hard time painting kits that I don’t like. Each layer is a struggle and I don’t usually like the finished result either.

7 Likes

Exactly LOL and nine times out of ten it does not come out looking right because I had no interest in doing it or it ends up not finished at all .

3 Likes

Me too. I can never paint kits I don’t like. I just get mad at them and do a bad job. I’m not a crazy huge fan of a lot of kits people LOVE, like April or Sunny. If I was then I would probably have better sales since the ones I love don’t usually sell well lol

4 Likes

Ok, thanks Ill do that :). I thought the different colour vinyl was odd as well, maybe the get them from different factories?

1 Like

That is strange!

1 Like

If you ladies could pick 2 sculpts that you think would sell well, which ones would you pick? I’ve done most of the popular Bonnie Brown kits and don’t really want to paint them again. I have a customer making a final payment on a custom soon so once she gets the doll I should have enough for 2 more kits.

2 Likes

Bonnie and Tippi by Linda Murray (esp with sitting Ann Timmerman Limbs)
AND
Arianna by Reva Schick
Best selling toddlers for years, over and over <3

1 Like

BB Quinn would be a popular, affordable sculpt. As would 3 mo Joseph. You could do seconds kits and price them as such and do a (hopefully) quick flip. @YelenaRey already sold Paisley, so maybe she is a good one, too! Congrats @YelenaRey !!

1 Like

Not buying BB kits though lol I live in Canada and it costs too much. 30$ USD shipping and 35$ CAD customs fees at the door. It’s cheaper for me to buy “expensive” sculpts from MacPhersons.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Are there any cheaper kits from Macs? I think tiny Salia is to die for and she is under $100.

1 Like

There are, like the Elisa Marx kits are all under 90 but they don’t seem popular. Salia is beautiful but she’s too small to find clothes for and I don’t think I could sell her for enough to pay the prices for custom tiny doll clothes

1 Like

MacPherson’s does sell a few BB kits.