What kit has been a good seller for you?

Do you have the link to the box opening? I love watching those.

Here it is :slight_smile: http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/abi-and-alex-are-home/59986

2 Likes

@Mommy2six I’m so happy for you! That’s wonderful, congrats! :kiss::grinning::heart:

1 Like

Thank you! :hugs:

My highest selling babies have been Levi Brown, Evelyn Brace, and Yannie Legler. Levi sold for the most, so far. He actually caused a little bidding war, which is rare for my dolls.

2 Likes

I posted on the wrong page a second ago, but that video was so sweet and heart felt! Ty for sharing! :two_hearts:

1 Like

I’m glad they were loved! They’re very sweet kits too. I guess I should paint them again since they sell. they’re very cuddly. I also painted Saskia forever ago but didn’t do a great job on her since I was a beginner. She looked sick lol

2 Likes

Yeah I’m relating to the newbie painting. LOL. I love twin A and B. They remind me of my little Genevieve and her twin Josephine. I want Josephine bad.

1 Like

Genevieve is so precious! She reminds me of my niece as a newborn

3 Likes

My most popular kit was Quinn. My highest seller so far has been Arya. I anticipate a lot for Sunny and Grayson if I can let them go once they are done.

1 Like

I had a Twin B kit but I couldn’t get Twin A at the same time. I posted Twin B on Reborns and she was gone very quickly. June sold quickly for me. The 3 month Joseph sold fast. I did 3 of them. 7 month June is going to sell quickly so I’m saving for her kits. I have Levi and Tink so I hope to get them done sometime lol. I just paid off Nina and she so just darling. I know there are other fast bb sellers. Just can’t think right now. Oh Jade! I’ll be back when I remember more lol

3 Likes

Both Reese and Darren sold with in a few hours of me putting them out there. I get many requests to make Jade and Shyann. They sell pretty quickly but I’m kind of Jade and Shyanned out. Tired of making them.

1 Like

I asked same question not so long ago and everybody told me Levi and Twins. And they where right ! They sold faster than my others. Also Maggie and Maddox.

2 Likes

Yes, people love the full body sculpts.

3 Likes

Maybe I should pull out my Maggie. I preordered (possible on the German site Dollsgarden) June asleep but without a torso but I just bought a bunch of really cute summer dresses so now I think Im going to go ahead and get the awake version with the torso. I hope I can make her look more realistic like the last prototype was.

3 Likes

I hope they do…can I ask your advice? …or anyone else who might see this. Should I sell my twins separately with the option for buying together or should I sell them as twins? I had to buy twin A from Mac’s because they were out of her on Once so Real. Apparently the vinyl is different, twin A had more peachy vinyl. I did match up the colours but she still turned out ever so slightly darker so since I couldn’t decide on the hair Ive decided that twin A will have brown hair and twin B will have honey blonde hair…I saw on google images that I am not the first to do two different colours of hair.

1 Like

I’m going to toss my two cents in here just cause I have found this thread fascinating. I am neither collector or creator, though I know what dolls I want to buy and I am ordering Golden paints and some kits when my tax return comes in. Many of the kits listed above (Twins A and B, Saskia, several Cassie Brace sculpts) are ones that I actually don’t like…I guess I don’t really like babies with gaping mouths. I love Ping Lau sculpts, and the 10" Marita Winters sculpts. I wish they got more love from artists. I understand why as an artist you would not want to just make a expensive sculpt if you risk it sitting on the market, but sometimes I wish I could see more artist’s examples of ‘less popular’ sculpts.

4 Likes

I totally agree with you. I don’t like Levi, Twins or Saskia. I love the realism and the details of those sculpts tho. I have tried less popular sculpts, like Bailey Scholl, SamiJo Winters and Isabella Johnston but I still not sold the first 2 and Isabella took forever.
If I want to keep painting, I have to make kits that sale to be able to buy kits I like . It’s not easy !

3 Likes

@Mommy2six…you’re going to have to change your screen name! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Congratulations!!!

4 Likes

I love the twins but I am not a fan of Levi or Saskia either. I’ve seen wonderful versions of them, but they don’t speak to me like other kits do.

2 Likes