What do you use to seal and texture your babies?

I am looking for a sealant not as rough as Genesis matt and or texture medium, not as shiney as the satin varnish from Michel’s… And that holds a nice texture and has the “right mix” of mat and sheen for real baby skin. What do you use? Suggestions?

Some of the members do 50/50 Matt varnish n satin. I as well use it. I use a stick with a lil sponge on the end of it. Not sure what it is called. But I pounce it on with that. I like a thin texture.

1 Like

I use miracle blend sealer. Came with my test set of paints and it works for me.

I use Americana Decor soft touch mat varnish

1 Like

I use Americana Decor Soft Touch Varnish also. I apply it with a soft brush in very thin layers (2) It leaves just the tiniest bit of real skin sheen (not shine) and has a very soft feel. Pouncing will make it rough. I don’t like texture. It doesn’t feel like real baby skin to me.

2 Likes

I want a too skin-like texture, like with the little rough sponges…

I mix genesis matte varnish in with my last layer of paint.Baby does not turn out too rough and is not shiny.

2 Likes

I just use straight Thinning Medium instead of the matte varnish because it gets to the point where it gets white and flakyish after baking and so I don’t have to worry about ruining a doll. :smile: