What do you think of this body?

My foster baby, God willing soon to be adopted baby girl is turning 2 in March. She loves babies and always walks around with a baby doll, so I decided to make her a child friendly reborn for her birthday. She has a few AA dolls but their hair is Ugly. One has craters instead of hair and another has little mountains that look like doggy poop. I’m planning to root some real afro hair on hers because she loves doing her dolls hair while I do hers

She is a big girl and I know she is ready for her first reborn.

Ok I’m making her this little one because I had it around for a while and it was cheap. Won’t feel bad if I see her playing rough :grin:

Finally my question.
IS THIS BODY OK FOR HER?

Thank you!
Ps. She isn’t done. I just remember to find a body before I finish so I don’t have to wait to put her together after I’m done :blush:

16 Likes

She is beautiful! I know she will love her. The body looks fine to me

4 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

She’s really cute. I prefer nonjointed bodies, but since you already have that one, best to use it.

2 Likes

I would dress it and see what it looks like dressed… very wide shoulders?

Though your little one wont care :wink:

2 Likes

I think it will work. Looks like a onsie.

I think a non jointed one would look better (especially the arms), but once it’s dressed, I don’t think it will matter. Are you adopting the foster baby?

1 Like

That is what I was thinking. I hate all the extra cloth in the joints :pensive: I know she wont care but I will go crazy looking at it.
I’ll dress her up and see.

1 Like

Thanks
We just need to wait and see if any family comes out. If they don’t find any family members that will take her, then we get to adopt her. We have a very big chance. Mom already looked for family to take her and nobody wanted to take the baby for her. God willing she will be ours.

6 Likes

Your foster baby is so precious! She is a great doll mama, I can tell by the pics. I love to see them play this way. I personally believe it helps them in skills they will one day need as a mother. I think you are wise to use a less expensive doll. But I agree that she is ready for a reborn. Please be sure to share pics when she gets it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank You. She is so gentle with her dolls. She rocks them feeds them and as you see she even covers them before going out on the cold.
I’ll share what I can :blush:

3 Likes

She is precious!! The doll, and of course your sweet baby girl! I will hope and pray things will work out for you all :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

I haven’t work on my baby’s reborn for a while, so I forgot I left her on top of a chair in my studio. Today the baby went in and saw her doll. She doesn’t know is for her, but ot was like she knew. She got exited saying “hi baby” and started to kiss her forehead. I can’t wait to finish her. I don’t think I’m gonna be able to wait for her birthday. I’m giving it to her as soon as I finish.

6 Likes

Aaaww, how sweet. She’ll be a good mommy.

1 Like

Yes she is. She was telling her baby that she love her too. I can’t wait to finish it.

2 Likes