What do you do with your dolls?

I didn’t start out to be a collector but I have so many boo boo babies I don’t know what to do with them :thinking: I can only keep a couple in my studio without totally freaking people out. I remember my mom had dolls on the stair landing when I was growing up. I’d love to see your babies displayed :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I have them in a bassinet until they sell. Other than that, nothing fancy. I don’t collect or keep any dolls at all so I don’t do anything nice to display them

3 Likes

I finally appropriated one of the kids toy organizers and put one baby per box in it.

2 Likes

Why are they boo boo babies?

Bad lighting right now, but you get the point, haha. The sleeping ones are lying on the shelves and the awake ones are on top. I’ve also got a twin A in a car seat and an Aloënka that has a doll stand.

6 Likes

I am looking at storage containers to place them in so they don’t get dusty while they wait for adoption.

2 Likes

Love your little clown

1 Like

I do the same as @MilosMeadows . I have 1 bassinet that used to be my grandsons ( he’s 5 now lol) and thats where i keep the doll until its sold. And I also do alot of the photo shoot pics there. I dont collect nor keep any.

2 Likes

I have a spare bed in my room at home that I keep my babies waiting to be sold and my keepers on, I always have the most recently made sitting in a boppy on the bed.

1 Like

I have one on my bed, one in an antique bassinet, and a few in a port-a-crib. The ones I’m selling, I wrap in a blanket and put them in their shipping box with their clothes and accessories to keep everything together and protected.

3 Likes

My 3 right now are in a Moses basket in my living room on a small table. Keeps them away from the dogs who while they don’t play with any of THEIR toys I don’t trust them to not play with MINE. :joy: They’re each wrapped in their own blankets and usually with their faces covered just to prevent them from being sun damaged. I keep their things underneath a blanket in the basket and have them placed on top. Keeps my collection manageable. … so far.

image image image

3 Likes

I keep all of my babies in bins when not being displayed. I have some in an alcove in the living room. A bassinet, basket, shelfves and a dresser in my craft room.

2 Likes

That is so sweet!! It’s like bunk beds :heart_eyes:. They all look so cozy too

1 Like

They look so comfy all swaddled up! Love your basket :heart_eyes:. I had one for my youngest and used it all the time until it became a toy basket for my daughters dolls and eventually fell apart :disappointed:. I’ll have to keep on the look out for another one

Mine? I’m just starting painting and was using bad light and not slot of patience lol lots of dirty creases etc

Thanks! I think they look really sweet like this, and I like how I can easily pick one up if I want to.

@PhotographyForLife I actually found it at a thrift store for 3 bucks! I was going to use it to store throw blankets in. Then the babies happened haha

1 Like

Oh lucky you!!! I had to stop going to thrift stores because I was buying to many clothes to upcycle :weary: I may have to start again :wink:

2 Likes

I did the same thing lol Sweaters can be turned into perfect newborn photography outfits and I spent way too much money on them lol

2 Likes

@PhotographyForLife I try and tell myself they can only wear one outfit at a time! But my dogs have about 9396782 sweaters and coats and things so I clearly do not listen to myself. :joy: The baby clothes I’ve been able to keep myself good though.

3 Likes