What did Who do to Natali Blick Re: Zoey?

Yeah, ha ha, that is the thing about it when I look at the Russian language. Those letters don’t make the same sounds we are used to. I am attempting to get started at learning biblical Greek, and I noticed some letter similarities when I look at Russian. Very interesting. From what I’ve read, when the Roman Empire divided into the East and the West, the East took on the Byzantine culture more, and Russia kind of followed that when it first developed as a country and culture.

My opinion is going to be unpopular but hey ho …

Personally I think it’s a bit insensitive, yes the Z is the first letter of the kit name and in ordinary times it would be fine but these are not ordinary times and that letter is very offensive to Ukrainians.

Was it done innocently? Quiet possibly as apparently it was painted and photographed before the war started but the artist is Russian, she knew exactly what that letter stands for in Russia and how it’s perceived by Ukrainians, she knew it would be offensive and if her intention was not to offend then would it have really hurt to Photoshop the Z off the pacifier!!

From I’ve read, Z is not a letter in the Russian alphabet. It has been concocted as an emblem or design, more than being a letter Z.

My theory is that it looks similar to a lightening bolt to them, and the Nazi SS used a type of “zz” (blitzkreig in German means lightning and described the way the Nazis often attacked others), and this may be what they are thinking of by using it.

Your right, Z is not in the Russian alphabet, theirs looks more like the number 3 but russian people are removing the 3 looking letter and replacing it with Z in their names on twitter and Instagram ect so therefore it is now seen and used as a letter by Russians in favour of the war.

Maybe a simple message to Natali about the pacifier offending people currently would have been a mature solution. Asking if the photos with it be removed due to the Z being used in war (much like a swastika), I think would have gotten much further than jumping to conclusions and telling people false information, and asking people to cancel their orders and never buy a sculpt from her again because she okayed the posting of said photos.

I do understand it is a sensitive letter/symbol to many. I personally did not even know it was a thing until this all came up and I am sure there are many more like me that simply saw the first letter of the kit name.

12 Likes

Yes I agree, it could have been handled privately, chances are Natali didn’t even notice the personalized paci and if she did she probably thought the same as most people, that it’s just her initial.

4 Likes

Yeah, it would have been less like using a bazooka gun to shoot at a gnat.

5 Likes

I wonder if Johnny Depp is catching hell for that hand tattoo. :thinking:
Here’s his reasoning for it. All the more reason why people shouldn’t jump to conclusions.

3 Likes

Or Harry potter!

1 Like

Yep! That’s true! I guess we are going to have to ban Harry Potter and Jack Sparrow. :thinking:

3 Likes

Zorro, too. Let’s just abolish the letter from our alphabet.(I say this with sarcasm.:wink:). Some extremist comes up with these things, circulates it, and gives it power. We should have a “Z is for Zoe Campaign” and stomp out that lunacy.

5 Likes

Z is for Zoe campaign sounds great! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

It’s all getting ridiculous now, like I said I get why they are offended but to compare the letter Z to a swastika is crazy, the swastika was never a letter used in everyday language, we can’t just abolish the letter Z

4 Likes

Exactly! The swastika has one meaning. The letter Z is a common symbol in every day life. We can’t abolish it. Just imagine all the poor Achery, Oe, Ane, Elda, Immerman and others having to get new monograms because their first initial is no longer allowed. :weary:

2 Likes

Ennith, Ig-ag, and Ippo :rofl:

The swastika actually is a symbol of “well-being” used by many religions for hundreds of years. It was stolen and used by Hitler and now is forever tainted. I have a friend that is part of the Sikh religion and she said that vandals will spray paint that symbol on their temple as a sign of intimidation. She says they just shrug it off because they know what it really means.
Some kid in his basement decided he would make “z” into something sinister. It doesn’t have to be that way. It’s a fad that can only grow and continue through hate.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s sad to know. :cry:

1 Like

This woman is insisting on spreading this nonsense even after reading Natali’s response. Don’t these people realize they could be sued?:woman_shrugging:
Natali was born in Poland. Can’t see there being a lot of love for Russia.

5 Likes

She could be sued and even if she’s not, she’s screwing herself. A lot of customers will black list her for being so ridiculous about Natali. And the more she talks about this, the more people will look up Natali’s side of the story. It’s not hard to see that Varvara is wrong. And she won’t hurt Natali. Natali only makes 999 of each of her kits. They sell out in less than 10 minutes every time. Even if some people side with Varvara, so what. The worst that could happen is Natali’s kits may take a whole 12 minutes to sell out instead of 8 minutes. :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

The swastika was actually stolen by Hitler, as it existed long before him and without negative connotation. Some say he used it because it to him represented a broken cross.

3 Likes