What are we all doing wrong or is this a misprint?

I found a FaceBook page today called "Jennell’s Reborn Baby Dolls. Earlier today it said she had 17,729 LIKES and she joined Facebook on Jan 18, 2014. WHAT??? Tonight she has over 18,000!! How is this possible? I have been on FB for 2 years “Until Forever Nursery” and have worked hard to get to over 1000. What is going on with her page? She sells them for $80, but still… how can you reach that many people? Any thoughts on this? Thanks, I need to do whatever she’s doing (but not sell for $80 each)

Hum that is crazy

She has almost 20,000 now!

I would think it is crazy but you can actually find aps on your phone that collect likes for you page!! you can also buy likes!!! I have had my page up for like a year and I have 208 likes hahaha crazy!!!
on that note you can go ahead and like me if you want https://www.facebook.com/pages/Full-Moo … 510?ref=hl

I couldn’t even figure out how to make my page a “LIKE” page instead of just a regular one…sheesh… Now I have two FB accounts, one for reborn friends and the other for family & “regular” friends. One of these days I will have to jump in to the 21st century & figure out how things work.

KINDRED SPIRITS!!! I do NOT get the whole LIKE thing, either…glad to know I’m not alone. Like you, I have a lot of real-life friends (and family) who could care less about reborns or dolls or anything doll related. Maybe the more LIKES you have, the more sales you get??? I’ll never know. Oh well.

A lot of the ladies with FB pages have sales that result from people seeing what they have posted therefore, it stands to reason that the more people that are engaged in your FB page, the more exposure your work has and the greater the opportunity for a sale. I have had a “business” type page (that you “like” instead of requesting to be a friend) since June and have around 250 “likes”. I have sold 2 babies because someone saw my page and currently have another one that should be gone soon. No eBay fees or non-paying bidders either. This young woman is selling her finished babies for $80.00 so she is definitely not getting rich. According to her posts, she is no longer taking orders for babies because she has been overwhelmed with people that want to buy one.

Pia, it’s great that you can sell from FB and not have to deal with Evilbay.

HOW can she afford to make and sell babies for $80??? WOW.

— Begin quote from “Karen in Florida”

Pia, it’s great that you can sell from FB and not have to deal with Evilbay.

HOW can she afford to make and sell babies for $80??? WOW.

— End quote

She said it was because she was just starting out, but she is going to raise her prices.

I read up on her page said she would being giving away a doll on valentines day then she was going to start up a bidding, the highest bidder gets doll, said she was in north carolina and it takes her 12 hrs. to make a doll. she has over 36,000 likes now. she’s gonna be a busy lady for a while if she fills all those orders.

I had no idea that bidding was allowed on FB

— Begin quote from “Karen in Florida”

I had no idea that bidding was allowed on FB

— End quote

I don’t know how that will work out for her either?

I’m stuck on the comment about 12 hours to make a doll. And I thought I was reasonably fast…been making myself slow down even. Are those rooted too? I’m sitting here calculating…15 min. to clean the doll, say, 6 layers at one hour each including baking (so paint fast!), 5 hours to root and the other 45 minutes to glue, assemble, put on eyelashes, dress and photoshoot. Can you do that? It takes me forever to make a doll but I might go days without painting (especially with genesis!)

As for facebook, too old to get the hang of it I guess. Or not enough time to waste on that when I can waste time reading, watching TV, playing games on the computer, or looking for baby stuff online. Plus I figure by the time I get the hang of facebook, it will die and go the way of email (according to my older kids, email is useless!). So what if I still use and lose paper lists…at least they reappear a few days later after I don’t need them anymore and I can then toss them. Facebook is forever! Who wants to know that the doll they made when first starting out is still out there in the “cloud” somewhere waiting for someone to see what a horrible job you did looking back…or kicking yourself for spending more time on facebook than making babies. As for likes, I have no idea how she got that many that fast. Maybe a program that generates fake likes for your site? Or likes that are linked to something else that post a like when you click on something. Can’t see it being real people going to her site to look at dolls but I could be wrong.

I takes me about 20 hours to paint a baby and 20 hours to root one. I am attempting sparser rooting on the one I am doing now and after 4 hours, I am about 1/3rd of the way through the head. I do use a 43g single barb needle and try to not have more than 2 hairs in each follicle.

There is no way to make a baby in that length of time. I takes me hours and hours, not sure how many cause i need lots of breaks just to root. Then in Arkansas it takes days to dry the glue in the head for the hair to dry. I would have to to say B…S… .

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

There is no way to make a baby in that length of time. I takes me hours and hours, not sure how many cause i need lots of breaks just to root. Then in Arkansas it takes days to dry the glue in the head for the hair to dry. I would have to to say B…S… .

— End quote

You should consider buying a small dehumidifier. I’m from Canada, and believe it or not it gets hot and very humid here in the summer months (85%, sometimes). I just pop my glued heads beside the dehumidifier and they dry in a matter of hours

12 hrs. from start to finish? That almost qualifies as mass production! I think I sometimes spend that much time detailing hands and feet - though I should point out that it takes me 20-30 hrs. to paint a doll (depending on the skin tone), and an additional 20-30 hrs. to root the hair. 12 hrs. would definitely defy some scientific law for me (maybe physics?) I must be doing something seriously wrong, here! (and I only have 16 likes on facebook )

Pia- how much is a business page at Facebook- I was afraid it was too much??

— Begin quote from “kristi”

Pia- how much is a business page at Facebook- I was afraid it was too much??

— End quote

It is free!

I have a private Facebook and then one for my nursery- and it always asks me to promote the nursery one- but I know you have to pay. I really don’t know how to promote it otherwise.