Weighting question about Libby

Hi there everybody! I was wondering if it’s possible to weight Libby to be 10 lbs? I like chubby babies and kind of like them to be a little on the heavy side. I plan on using a little bit of a bigger body than the one BB recommends because I like longer length . If I weight her at 10 lbs, will she fall apart?
Thanks,
Julie

1 Like

Oh ok. I was planning to wait the limbs normal with the glass beads and use glass beads and bbs in her body.

My first purchased reborn was Libby and she weighed around 10 lbs. I could hardly lift her and she wasn’t cuddly at all at that weight. I wouldn’t recommend it, I had to reweight her.

2 Likes

Make sure you use stainless steel BBs. Copper can rust.

1 Like

I used some zinc coated stainless BBs I found at Walmart. I was able to get the weight I was shooting for without adding bulk. I really like using them. And they aren’t expensive.

1 Like

Bumping this old thread to ask if I use a bigger 24-26 inch body on Libby instead of BB’s recommended 22-23 inch body (I already have the 24-26 inch body in question. I prefer the longer length.) would be possible to have the doll weigh 10 lbs? I would be weighting the head and limbs with glass beads and the torso with a nylon of some glass beads and another nylon with some stainless steel shot bb’s.
Thanks,
Julie

1 Like

You should be able to weight her at 10 lbs but she’s going to feel heavier.

1 Like