Wash color help

happy Sunday! Ok, I want to keep my baby LIGHT. But I thomkinh needs a wash to warm her up a bit? Correct? What should I do? Yellow ochre? Warm blush? Flesh white 08? Help!

Do a yellow ochre wash. That will warm it up.

1 Like

Thank you!!!:heart:️:heart:️

I did it:-) it looks great! Thank you! I did a warm wash also:-)

1 Like

1 Like

I think I want her whiter and pinker, like this. Where can I go from here? I’m out of ideas:-(

um, maybe I’m wrong but why warm it up if you now are going to cool it down?
I think it’s harder to go paler/whiter than warmer/darker. It’s not very dark so it’s still possible. Washes of flesh 8 and very thin washes of blue until you have your color might work. Then blush gently in the desired areas.

Any other opinions out there??

1 Like

Thank you Bebe!! That is what I was thinking!!! I did a mint wash, and it’s looking good! I did more blue on her face. I didn’t think about doing an all over blue wash!!! Yay! I’m going to try it!!! What color blue do u recommend?

Oh goodness, be careful with the blue. If you decide to do it, it HAS to be VERY sheer. Same shade as veins but much, much thinner. Mix it often so you don’t get settled thicker paint on you baby. I’d pounce like my life depended on it. Try it in the scalp first so any booboos are easier to cover up. Don’t let it pool, whatever you do. Keep a clean dry wedge nearby to absorb excess quickly.
If the green got rid of enough red, you cold skip blue and go straight to flesh. Maybe try flesh first and see if that does it.

1 Like

You are amazing. Thank you. I think I’m going to go to the flesh for another layer. I did the blue undertones in her face… Just in the areas I wanted them. I was shaking, I was so careful! I have genesis vein blue, and ar vein blue… But I opted for pyrole blue 3. Super duper thin. I am just 2 afraid to do the whole body, because I don’t want her to look deceased. I’ll post pics in the daylight tomorrow. You are an amazing help!:heart:️

2 Likes

You are more than welcome! Happy to help.

2 Likes

Mint washes.

1 Like

I have painstakingly worked on this doll. I have done around 20 reborns, but I decided I needed to advance. I have asked a million questions, I know. Thank all of you for your help and awnsers. Now… One more question! Any thing else I should do? What am I missing?

iMac ddcsz zqddggazr

If you are still going for the complexion in the pic, I think you need to soften the color on the lips, cheeks and around the eyes. Think very soft and blended. A softer rose.

1 Like

Hmmmm, ok. I’ll try again tomorrow. Maybe, I should start over on another doll. I have spent 2 weeks on her… And I want to be done already!!! :flushed:

1 Like

That’s up to you. Sometimes we’ve had enough and just want to finish.
You can see the color better in real life than we can online. Do you find it is close to the color you are looking for?

No:-(

No, Bebe. But she looks good. It’s not what I was going for, but the skin tones are so pretty. It’s very strawberry and cream. I am not sure what I would call what I was aiming for… Bubble gum and cream?? Lol i am really liking her, and I have baby Sam calling my name! I think I would do things different from the start. Im just not sure what!!! Lololol

2 Likes

Perhaps do a mint green wash to tone and blend the reds? I’d follow that with a flesh layer.

1 Like