Wanting to buy for Christmas

oh lots of wonderful babies being offered. hope you find one that is just perfect.
Just thought I would add mine to the list. This baby is listed on reborns.com

http://www.reborns.com/item/53345

1 Like

Here is the eBay link to Honey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baby-Girl-pink-teddy-bear-/271700532213?pt=US_Dolls&hash=item3f429d1bf5

Thank you all so much for all the pics, but we are having one made. I hope we made a good cN
choice. We are having Betty at Sweet Thingz custom make it. Has anyone heard of her?

Havenā€™t heard of Betty? How did you find her? Have you seen detailed pictures of her work? Hope it works out well for you.

Update! I found her wed site and Betty Blackburnā€™s work is lovely. I am sure you will be pleased. Who is she reborning for you? I canā€™t wait to see your baby and I will bet you canā€™t either!

She is doing the little girl Noah. I found her on eBay under custom Reborns.

I am so excited and I canā€™t wait to get her! My daughter is so excited! Silly meā€¦ I thought I could paint my own, but it is to confusingā€¦ One lady said she used 20 - 30 layers of paint and I canā€™t not find a tutorial that tells me how to do that may layers of paint and since I cannot find a tutorial to tell me exactly how to thisā€¦ Seems you canā€™t get an updated one to tell you step-by-step instructionsā€¦ Iā€™m just going to forget painting them and buy the ones I like!!

1 Like

Congratulations on finding an artist to make a reborn for you. If you are ever looking for tutorials in the future, try our own @lamafer1101. She has some great ones available for sale in PDF format.

Take a look at this one by Rachel Maynard. http://www.joomag.com/magazine/precious-little-babies-free-painting-tutorial/M0504740001397902023

I found her on eBay. Here is the custom you have ordered? What color will her hair be and when will you get her. I guess you pay $349 and then $349 when she is ready to ship? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Reborn-Baby-NOAH-by-Reva-Schick-or-other-sculpt-50-payment-auction-/111511627642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item19f69c677a

I did order 2 of her tutorials, however it just added to my confusionā€¦ Stripped it again for the 4th time!! Is there a tutorial that actually shows howā€¦ Step-by-step how to achieve all 20-30 layers instead of hurry and do 5 layers and you are done? I want something that shows every step and what it should look like after each step, so you know you did it right instead of a video showing how to do veins and yet you canā€™t even see what the veins actually look like after they have done themā€¦ The invisible veinā€¦ Sorryā€¦ Iā€™m just really disappointed with all the videos that are supposed to show you how to do something, but show you nothingā€¦ Iā€™ll just buy the dolls already doneā€¦ Itā€™s an expensive hobby to not get anything to teach you how to achieve anything but the 5 step basics and then stripping it because thatā€™s not what you wantedā€¦ You wanted an amazing real life looking baby!! Iā€™m a beginner and I would rather have the full 20-30 steps that you can learn by instead of trial and error!

1 Like

this is the one I ordered and I put her on lay-a-way. You have to pay half of the lay-a-way before she will start the baby and you have 6 months to pay it off.

I tried to open the magazine on her website but it wouldnā€™t let me and when I went to YouTube it goes to older baby part 2 older baby skin tones, but where is part one?

Thank youā€¦ I couldnā€™t open it with my iPad because it is a mobile deviceā€¦lolā€¦ So I turned on my computer and Iā€™m looking at it nowā€¦ Itā€™s nice and does explain and really show her workā€¦ Wowā€¦ Now I know what mottling looks like!! I just wanted a clue as to whatI was supposed to be achievingā€¦ This is great, but I think it will be awhile until I try this againā€¦ I donā€™t like stripping and they need to do more for the beginner than just sell them the stuff!!!

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/adollablebabies/Ivy/story
Ivy is 199.00 and Shipping

not sure if that worked?

ivy

That means you will not get it for Xmas.

Itā€™s okayā€¦ I will just print out a pic and put it under the treeā€¦ I canā€™t wait to see her!!!

Congratulations Erose, your daughter will love her even if it is after Christmas! Itā€™s so exciting huh? About that layer thingā€”layers are decided on by the artist, how many they choose to use is strictly up to them. They just look at their baby and decide if they want more color and then they add it or not. You can go on adding as much or as little as you like, there really is NO set number of layers that must be painted thatā€™s why you wonā€™t find a tutorial showing you how to apply 20-30 layers. Remember THIN layers always turn out a much nicer baby.

Should you always neutralize, for instance, mint green to give it more depth? And I read itā€™s best to do it at the beginning before you do any flesh. On he other for times I started and stripped you couldnā€™t even tell I had any paint on it, but the veins and when I stripped her down there wasnā€™t hardly any paint on the stripping sponge, so Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m even using enough paint. I made it thin like water color, but couldnā€™t even tell it had any on it. It looked the same as it did before I started painting it except for the veins.

I tend to make my first flesh layer a little heavier as recommended on the tutorials, then I do thinner layers after that. Donā€™t forget to bake in between in each layer.

The neutralizing layer I donā€™t believe is for depth so much as it is for color correction, You donā€™t want the vinyl too pink or too orange to start with.

Be really careful with the use of blue as it tends to really grip the vinyl. Go lightly here, you can always apply more, much easier to add than take away.

1 Like