Wanted.. Dome for new wave

Hi everyone!!! Iā€™m home from vacation with Luna and my family!!! Lots of pics to post! AND!! My Jimmi had her puppies! We have a little boy and a little girlšŸ˜ so much good stuff!!! Trying to settle in and back to Biz as usualā€¦ Butā€¦ My nuwave oven dome somehow is completely cracked!!! Itā€™s been a while since I bakedā€¦ And I have no idea how this happened!!! The oven is fineā€¦ But I need to replace just the plastic dome. Anyone have an extra for sale?

4 Likes

I imagine if you contacted the company you could get one.

Welcome back Nikki. We sure missed you here. I canā€™t wait to hear all about your trip!

3 Likes

Glad to here your back and hope you had a wonderful time. The nuwave might have a defect contact the company maybe they will replace it for free or at a reduced price.

1 Like

Hi Nikki! Glad youā€™re home. I missed you.

2 Likes

I missed you and Iā€™m so glad youā€™re back! :blush:

2 Likes

Hi guys!!! I missed you all so much!!! I was having withdrawals!!! :scream::scream::scream: I bought it used off eBayā€¦ So, no warranty. I thought I might get lucky if anyone switched to air dry! It has been such a crazy few weeks I am excited to just get back to normal!!!

3 Likes

Heyyyyy nikki, good to hear from you again.:smiley:

Hey Piglet, youā€™re back-----finally!!! Boy did we miss you, did you have a great vacation? How is Luna? We need to see your pictures and canā€™t wait to see your puppies!! Sorry canā€™t help you with the NuWave problem you might have to get a whole new one, thatā€™s will suck. Anyway-----So glad youā€™re home, get to postinā€™ girl !!!

3 Likes

Welcome back Nikki !!! Hope you had a good time! :heart:ļø:heart:ļø:heart:ļø:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Yayyyyyā€¦so glad to see you back againā€¦definitely misses seeing youā€¦ :smile:

1 Like

Hi guys!!! :wave:t3::wave:t3::wave:t3::wave:t3::wave:t3::wave:t3: glad to be back! I really missed you!:heart:ļø

1 Like

Nuwave oven domes have a real bad problem of cracking. They all do eventually. I found that if you find a dome it costs almost as much as a new oven.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m finding Mary!!! :weary: dang it!

I had the same thing happen. I got this clay-like adhesive sealer from the hardware store and sealed the cracks. Itā€™s worked well for the past 6 months or so. Domes are ridiculously expensive. I posted on a fb classifieds page looking for one but no luck. Might be worth a shot for you though.

1 Like

Thank you!!! Do you by chance know what the sealer you used is? Iā€™ll go get it todayā€¦ :heart:ļø:heart:ļø

1 Like

I too tried epoxy putty stuff on my metal extender ring, itā€™s like clay but hardens like steel. It SAYS it can be in constant heat up to 400 degrees but after I let it cure a few days and did my first bake, it cracked and pulled away. So now I got some heat resistant tape, looks like a roll of tinfoil shaped like tape. It has worked really well and no pulling away or coming undone. Depending how it is cracked, you might just be able to use this tape on the crack, Iā€™d put a layer inside and one outside, just to make sure. Cheaper than buying a new oven!

Thank you!!! I will def try this!!! Way cheaper!!! :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

No problem, hope it works for you! I bought the roll of tape at the hardware store for $10, so yeah, way cheaper! And especially if your power lid part is still working, I wouldnā€™t want to buy a whole new oven!
I bought a nuwave after using a big boss halogen oven for almost 2 years, I had 2 extender rings to use with it so when I went to buy a nuwave, I thought it would be OK to get one that didnā€™t come with an extender ring. I was wrong, bc the big boss rings do not fit the nuwave pro plus! So after searching forever for a ring to fit, and not wanting to spend almost half the cost of my oven, I cut straight thru one ring and put it on my oven to see how much more I needed for it to fit, then cut that much from the 2nd ring and taped it together. My cuts werenā€™t exactly even either so when I put the little piece of ring into the open space, I had big gaps, not Just small cracks to tape. So if it worked for me, Iā€™m sure it would definitely work for your cracked dome! Let us know how it turns out for you!

Welcome back, Nikki. Good luck with the dome. EBay has some for $50 ish. On my map it looks like McAllen is in a direct line for the hurricane that is going to hit Mexico soon. What are you doing to prepare?

1 Like

Really??? Oh shootā€¦ I told my husband, he said Im crazy! Itā€™s not raining here yetā€¦ I better watch the news! Thank you for the heads up!