Ugh customs😕

I hate when you give someone a time frame that they agree to and then they want it faster. I know how hard it is to wait but the reason i give you a 2-3 week time frame is because not only is reborning not my only commitment but it also takes time to put in the amount of detail that reborns have and i use airdry and if you dont want a peeling mess or rubbed off varnish you gotta let it cure!! Ugh customs are frustrating. Especially when im not making a profit (Charged her only for supplies) and havent even had enough time to finish painting let alone varnish and everything!

Sorry for the rant but you guys are the only ones that get it lol.

3 Likes

they never consider that the glue hasa to dry as well…
I never do customs , unfortunately I can read more bad than good about it

4 Likes

Yeah it sucks. I can only seem to sell customs for some reason :slightly_frowning_face:

Gee you need to be making a profit for all your work and frustration. I would not let whomever rush you any more and just tell them they will get it when they will get it and not before. I doubt they will find anyone else to do it for them at cost.

5 Likes

I had to stop making dolls for people in my real life (usually friends of friends) because they always thought they deserved a discount and were very pushy. I only make customs for repeat customers now

5 Likes

Double your time frame next time and they’ll be excited when it’s done sooner

I wish you could charge them for harassing you :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had someone ask me about a custom and I said half up front as a non refundable deposit and if the balance wasn’t paid as per our agreement I would be able to sell the doll. Never heard back from her :thinking:

5 Likes

I just tell custom requests that I don’t do custom babies because there is too much opportunity for disappointment. I have painted specific kits for repeat customers, but only if it is a kit I like. I can’t do quality work on a kit I am not in love with…

5 Likes

this is the way I work the pricing as well and it cuts out a lot of riff raff!
I also only offer them on a kit I have in stock and will not special order one. That way I am not stuck doing a kit I don’t like or did not intend to do if I get left having to sell it.

3 Likes

That’s crazy, you should point out to her that most customs take 6-8 weeks for other artists! Seems like such a crazy short time, especially for a materials only price!

4 Likes

That’s smart

1 Like

People are getting more em patient these a days… they seem to want more for less and special treatment :pleading_face:. I saw a eBay or an Etsy for a reborn doll pregnancy surprise package. Takes 9 months and I can’t remember if they offered a half way point gender reveal. Very clever but I can’t imagine very popular because of the time frame

3 Likes

in 9 months the customer would change it’s mind 1000 times and would send 5000 messages to ask baby is ready ?? or that they want different hair colour, or eyes or skin colours etc. …so no thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Was a surprise baby :rofl::rofl::rofl: so just like a real baby… they might get to choose hair and eye color :woman_shrugging:t2: