Trying so hard :(

So many layers are on her and I still can’t get the fresh newborn red. Any tips? Should I just strip it and start over :pensive:

8 Likes

I think she’s coming along nicely!!
Make sure you do your creasing! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s next :slightly_smiling_face: I had to step away from her for a few hours.

Been there many times lol. Once you have done more steps you will see her come around and you will feel happier. Mottling and also your undertones :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we all get to what we feel like is an ugly baby stage. Once you get past it, you feel better. For what it’s worth, I think your baby is looking great.

4 Likes

I agree you are right on track she is coming along beautifully, hang in there❤️

2 Likes

Keep going!!! She’s coming along really well. You’re going to end up with a real beauty here!

1 Like

You are getting there. That perfect newborn flush is as elusive as the transient color on their hands and feet at birth. It’s a goal, and it’s one I have never truly mastered even though I’ve been doing this for a lot of years. Sometimes it works and sometimes the baby just takes you to a different place. The color you have now sort of looks like the pinker newborn look with a bit of jaundice. Not what you are wanting, but very realistic and a common color with newborns. Wrote this to remind you that you can get a realistic color without getting exactly what you want. I sure wouldn’t strip this one, the color is coming along even though it may not be what you had planned. Perfection every time is hard. In fact it’s probably impossible!

3 Likes

Not sure I’m on the right track anymore, but either way it was fun to experiment with new techniques! Thank you all for your wonderful and kind input! I adore the positivity in this group :heart:
Right side is her now, left side is before I went crazy with different washes.

2 Likes