Triple Thick Eye Glaze?

Has anyone ever used the Triple Thick Eye Glaze from Bloomers n’ Bows? I love the look of glazed eyes so I bought some of this. Wasn’t exactly sure how to use it, instructions just say “dry 5-10 min between coats”. Wasn’t sure exactly the best way to apply it. Anyway, think I ruined the pair of eyes. Luckly I did this on my first “tester” reborn. It left streaks from the paint brush that show. I did multiple coats, letting it dry well inbetween. It did get a little better as I applied more coats, but still has a streaky look. Are you suppose to apply lots of thin coats, to build up the glaze? Or do you just apply several thick coats? Whats the best way to apply to avoid the streaks? Is there another product that is better for glazing eyes? And lastly, is there anything that can be done to these eyes to remove the glaze? Thanks for all of your help ladies.

I bought some called Triple thick at Hobby Lobby and I put it on with a toothpick and sort of smear it around. It tends to run a bit too on its own and even out. Just keep the head laying down until it is set.

I applied with the eyes out of the head. Should I have done it with the eyes in?

I mix it with a bit of water so it runs over the eye without brushing. That way you don’t get brush marks.
HUGS,
Sara

Some of those Glazes tend to get thicker depending on shelf-life and age. If they are a water base product, add a touch of warm water to a small amount. If you are going to paint it on the eyes, use a very soft bristle brush, it’s well worth the extra cost of a better brush ( like a natural bristle brush) and if using this type be sure to wash immediately with soap and water after using. If you use the Paper Glaze product, do not shake the bottle before using, to eliminate bubbles. Instead roll your bottle around in your hands instead of shaking. The warmer the liquid the better it will go on to your eyes. Hope this info helps.

• Depending on the glaze you use, soak the eyes in hot soapy water for a while until the glaze loosens ( this is for the poly-glass eyes)…using [chemicals], will make the eyes look like they are covered in a film or cloudy and ruin them.

Oh such great advise ladies! I knew I could count on you all!

Sara - How do you apply your watered-down glaze?

Wildrose - Thanks for the info on how to remove the glaze! That is exactly what I needed to know. I’m going to go try it right now!

After I mix it in the water, I let it drip onto the eye off of a soft brush. It kinda self levels in the eye. Leave the head lying back so it doesn’t run out, cause it is the devil to get off of the baby’s skin. One tip, do not do this with the ceiling fan on or it will dry too fast. You can repeat a layer or two if you need it. Hope this helps.
HUGS,
Sara

— Begin quote from “Sara”

After I mix it in the water, I let it drip onto the eye off of a soft brush. It kinda self levels in the eye. Leave the head lying back so it doesn’t run out, cause it is the devil to get off of the baby’s skin. One tip, do not do this with the ceiling fan on or it will dry too fast. You can repeat a layer or two if you need it. Hope this helps.
HUGS,
Sara

— End quote

Oh thanks so much! I’m going to try this!

And Wildrose…I took your advise about how to get it off of the eye, and it worked perfectly. Thanks so much!