Traveling Pants Round 3

Thank you for helping bring babies into families who need a little help :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Wow, that’s great. It really is an amazing gift you are doing. I am in awe.

8 Likes

It’s my pleasure! I just wish that I was qualified to carry more after this one. This will be my 5th c-section, so after this my uterus is officially retired. :frowning:

8 Likes

How does this work financially? I’m sure C-sections are expensive. Does insurance cover the medical costs? Or do the parents have to pay everything out of pocket?

1 Like

The parents pay for everything that the insurance doesn’t. My insurance covers surrogate pregnancies, but this is rare.

Edit: The actual pregnancy and delivery is covered by insurance, but the IVRU, meds to get pregnant, embryo transfer, etc. are paid for by the parents. The insurance doesn’t cover that part.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Sounds like you have a great insurance plan!

2 Likes

God bless you for being a surrogate! I was actually going to do that for my sister BUT I found out I was diabetic, and since I lost my 3rd child at 33 weeks, we decided not to go through with it. My sister never got to have any children. :frowning:

Anyway… on to the box… I only picked out a few items. There is lots of stuff in there for sure!!!

Here is what I got:

Cass picked out the Juliet kit to create another zombie
I got preemie diapers, a pacifier, and a cute blanket.

Now I will have to decide what to put back in there :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Lady they don’t make people like you any more. How wonderful of you. I wish there were more people so giving and selfless. Good luck to you and the very lucky couple. And this young lady is blessed to have you helping her. Let us all know what the baby is and what she needs we will do a box baby shower.

4 Likes

You are so sweet. The baby is a boy and she is due in February! :slight_smile: I made a separate post about it, I will tag you.

5 Likes

Ok … so I chose a few more things. Working to get things back in. Here is a photo of what I decided to keep.

16 Likes

@NaneeBabies Are y’all getting your mail there ok? Any trouble from the hurricane?

I plan to drop the box off tomorrow morning and you should have it by Thursday. It is coming FedEx Home Delivery since the box is big and weighs 20 pounds. That was the cheapest way to ship for me.

I hope you enjoy sorting through this. The box may need to be replaced after this trip LOL

4 Likes

Everything is fine here. We just got alot of rain, a few trees were knocked down but nothing major.

3 Likes

The package has been dropped off. It says you should receive it by Wednesday end of day… but at first it said Thursday. I sent the tracking to Ashley so I guess she will update later :slight_smile:

6 Likes

4 Likes

@ashleyfox98 would you be able to PM me with where I approximately am on the list?

1 Like

Just wanted to bring this list down.:slightly_smiling_face:

Here is a list of participants in no special order:

NaneeBabies
DollyPardon
Kate
colee1970
cajuncuties
Miss_Kitty
ATrinket
evelyn
Simone
Renauta427
AnnDee66
babymaw
angfay
nikkiroc

5 Likes

Sure thing, I’ll check the spreadsheet when I get home. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I missed this round, hope I can get back in on the next one.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Waiting, waiting, waiting!

5 Likes