Traveling Pants 3 - 2nd Group Sign-ups

Traveling Pants Round 3 is well under way. The box still has 3 more people to visit, and then it’s heading back to me.

When I sent the original box out, the value of the contents was $215.00 and it has grown into a bigger box with a value of $443.00!

As of right now 80 items have gone into the box and 42 items have been selected from the box, including many gorgeous kits!

I have the cooperation and generosity of the group to thank for the success of this project so far, and for that I am very grateful!

Since I’m expecting the box back within the next two weeks, and everything has gone so well, I thought it was time to see if I have another 10 people who would like to join the next group.

Check out this discussion to see more about how the Traveling Pants box works: Traveling Pants Round 3

The rules:

1. This box is only open to folks who have been around for a while (sorry newbies). I’ll be checking for people who have active profiles that are at least a year old with recent activity.

2. If you take a kit, replace it with a kit. There should always be at least one kit in the box.

3. Sizes for clothing/diapers are limited to preemie-6 mos.

4. No Ruby Red mohair.

5. Clothing should be new with tags, like new, or vintage in great condition. (No wash wear, fading, or stains.)

6. Each item is marked with a price value. Please add up the values of the items that you choose and replace with items of equal or higher value.

So with the “don’ts” out of the way, what are the “do’s”?

1. Put thought into what you add to the box. Be a good neighbor. The fun part of the project is to celebrate the spirit of giving and share items that you think the next person will find useful.

2. You can add kits, brushes, paint, clothing, mohair, tools, diapers, pacifiers, bottles, etc. If it can be used for reborning, it can go in the box. With that said, make sure that what you put in is something that you’d like to receive. Unpainted limbs are welcome, but please don’t send anything that needs to be stripped. If you aren’t sure if it’s a good idea, err on the side of caution or ask me.

3. Handmade items are welcome.

4. Let’s try to keep the boxes balanced with a good mix of things to choose from. We don’t want the last person on the list to end up with a box full of clothing.

5. Understand that what is desirable to some is not desirable to all. If you know that you only want certain brands, specific kits, etc. consider if this is a project that you will really enjoy. I will strive for a nice mix of items that many people will find useful,.

6. Do ship via Priority Mail within 3 days. Please do not commit to the current round if you know that you will be travelling, extremely busy, or have other commitments that will prevent shipping within 3 days of receipt of the box. If something unexpected comes up, please let me know and I will rearrange the list.

That’s all that I have for now. Please post below if you’d like to join. I will post the list of the first 10 participants (in no specific order) and then once you confirm by sending me your zip code, I will determine the order of the list to keep shipping costs down.

If you’d like to join the fun for the next round, please post here! I will be compiling the next list soon, so that everyone in that group has some notice and can begin gathering their goodies.

6 Likes

I think I would like to join this round. :slight_smile: I am a hoarder with plenty to add to the box. :joy:

7 Likes

I’m slowly becoming a hoarder myself! I can let go if I know that my stuff is going to a good home though. :joy:

6 Likes

Same here, @ashleyfox98. I can only seem to let of of things that I know will be put to good use. I have extra kits, new with tags clothes, all kinds of good stuff.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tagging @happy_to_paint since you expressed interest last time after the first group was full. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just one tip-try to keep it in a large flat rate box because it can get heavy quickly and cost a lot to ship.

3 Likes

Shipping has been ranging around $15-20 dollars. I decided not to go with a flat rate box because in one of the previous Traveling Pants projects, it was determined that the shipping was actually more using flat rate. I also map out where everyone lives to try to cut down on the distance per mailing as much as possible. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Anxiously anticipating on my turn! :smile:

2 Likes

How do we join, and how do we know if we are eligible to participate? Sounds like so much fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are eligible to participate because you have been a member for over a year and have been active recently. :slight_smile:

Just post here that you are interested and I will message everyone privately for shipping information after I’ve announced the next group of ten here.

3 Likes

Definitely interested!

3 Likes

Me too, I had so much fun I would love to do it again.

4 Likes

Absolutely! I’m happy to have you back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love to do it again. I know there are others that want a turn so feel free to add me or not. If you have too many don’t add me but if you need me add me. Even right in the middle if you feel you need to restock the box I am willing to help. Hope that was understandable.

3 Likes

I understand completely. I’m happy to have you back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love to join. Looks like so much fun.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would be in for a round two if needed.

3 Likes

Tagging @heartstringsnursery since you expressed interest in the Traveling Pants Round 3 discussion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes