Trach therapy doll

When I get home I can send you the name of the doll I used. I find she is easier to use than a BB doll because she doesn’t need much to reborn and she is the right size for a child.

2 Likes

I was sitting here doing the math. That would have been August 2002. So you and I started at the same time. I did them full time for a year, making good money to be able to stay home with my kids. Then when the baby started kindergarten I started working full time and just did reborns on the side. By about 2005, I was done reborning. I had to work full time and go to college full time and be a momma full time. I had no time for dolls. It literally took til January of this year for life to slow down enough for me to try this new, fancy reborning.

5 Likes

Oh my…I am sad about it but I love that story. Women just friggen endure and kids go along for the ride and it finds a way to work out.

Those kids must have thought you had lost your mind.

I hope this story has a happily ever after…

2 Likes

Please update to tell us how it went. I know she’s going to love it. Really nice of you to do that.

1 Like

It took a long time and another ■■■■■■■ husband with another bad divorce. But I finally found a good man and my happily ever after. :wink:

3 Likes

It was wonderful giving Maddie her new baby! Mom was with the other children today so it was dad there. I made them both so happy!! Dad had tears in his eyes. She really liked the magnetic soother best and her red hair. I wish I could have taken a photo! Her little smile was just like the dolly’s. All the RTs and nurses loved the trach and now I have a source for abdominal feeding tubes for future dolls. It left me with a warm fuzzy feeling all day!! Good way to be.

10 Likes

What a beautiful story. She is going to treasure that doll. You’re amazing for thinking of this and making it for her! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you. That was a feel good story. Doesn’t it make you feel good.

2 Likes

Awesome story!!! The doll is darling and the little girl has someone like her, how sweet of you

1 Like