TODDLER weighing

I am working on my first toddler and wanted suggestions on weighing. I use glass beads on my smaller babies and know it would cost an arm and a leg to use glass beads to fill up a toddler. What did you fill yours with?

3 Likes

I asked this questions not to long ago and received some amazing tips.

I believe I weighted the limbs about 2-3 inches slightly above the ankles and wrist. I can’t remember if I used plastic poly-pellets or glass beads. You don’t want to fill up the entire limb. The doll would be HEAVY and arms would “sag”. Normally I weigh my limbs with plastic poly-pellets so more than likely that’s what I did. The body I put most of the glass beads in the bum and then in the shoulders. I then used the piping installation in the head and inserted it to about were the belly button would be. Didn’t weight the head.

2 Likes

You could drop some clean glass marbles in between the glass beads if there is enough room.

2 Likes

I use glass beads in the limbs, up to about 3" to the shoulder for the arm, then about 4-5" to the hips on the legs… then take a new knee high stocking with about 3-4 cups of the large glass beads, from the butt to the crotch area… my toddlers all weight about 11-12 lbs, and yes, making toddlers is very expensive :slight_smile:

1 Like

I never used a poly pellet, and do not weigh the heads at all, just pack with fiberfill

1 Like

Thanks for the info everyone. Thanks for the link @specialmoments!

1 Like

With the how the “current standards” are a buyer would probably be upset if marbles were used.

1 Like

Ugh, yeah, I guess. They’re just big glass beads anyways. People are picky nowadays.

Hi Special Moments
May I ask…what type of piping, and where would I purchase it?
Can you possibly post a pic
Any adult info will be greatly appreciated by :revolving_hearts:

Oops typo…(not adult, meant to say: any additional info will be appreciated)

Hello,

The pipe insulation I get it from Home Depot. It is actually similar to the pool noodles. Some artist use pool noddles but it can be harder to find unless in the summer months. This is just a bit stronger as well. I went back and found my order form, this is the exact ones I purchased. I purchased both sizes 1/2 (.5) and 3/4 (.75) thickness because every “neck opening” is not the same width but these sizes worth with most heads. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-x-3-ft-Tubular-Pipe-Insulation-R3-1-4-Pack-P20EB/205181982

This is wonderful…do you use a dowel to support pipe insulation?
The part that’s inserted into the opening of the head, do I use anything to secure it in the head?
Last question…the other end of insulation, lengthwise where do I cut it?
And do I secure that end as well?
Thank you :pray:t4: