Toddler Grace by Ping Lau-Best Pouty Face EVER!

Oh my goodness this face! I am so in love with this toddler, she is so stinkin’ adorable!!! I think she’s going to be a keeper:)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2612925822083614&id=145344625508425&fs=0&focus_composer=0

(Not my picture, just sharing.)

28 Likes

Oh I like her!
Most pouty faces aren’t appealing to me but she is spunky :wink: LOL

3 Likes

Haha, yes, spunky is a great description of that face! :heart:

Haha she is so cute! What a personality!

1 Like

She’s TOO cute! That’s such a classic ‘I am not pleased’ toddler expression.

2 Likes

I’ve never put one of those together but they do not look like fun. I have to get the kit either way though:)

SO cute!!

1 Like

I need that one!

1 Like

Another one I will need to save for!!

2 Likes

I love her!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Looks like my son last year :joy:

20 Likes

OMG…he is PRECIOUS​:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes

From Irresistibles

1 Like

A hook? What’s a hook for? That sounds complicated

Absolutely adorable kit lol

1 Like

I love this kit, but do not love the price. Lol I also love Ping Lau sculpts, but the last time I got one, there were imperfections in the vinyl that I just could not overlook (rough patches, holes between fingers ect). I paid over $100 for that kit, so I was pretty irritated. For almost $200, this kit better be as pristine as the ones I get from BB or I’m going to be really upset.

I hate that we can’t just order kits without worrying about the quality of what we receive and the potential hassle of sending it back… that or selling for a discount because of imperfections that we can’t creatively cover. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I just finished Mila and was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the vinyl was. I have painted other Ping Lau sculpts and hated the vinyl. Vowing never to do another one but another cute face comes out and I buy another one! I just got Adele and there is loose extra vinyl around the head neck. area. Weird. I would have thought the supplier would have trimmed it before sending it. Adele has the same vinyl as Mila so painting her should be lovely. It looks like Grace should be the same too. I might splurge and buy her too. She would be a challenge to make cute!!!

4 Likes

It looks like she has the same limbs as Adele and Mila. Adele seems to fly off the shelf. I haven’t heard a ton of complaints about that kit. So maybe she’s managed to work out some of the issues with the vinyl? :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

The hook is a tool used to join the arms and head to the torso. I improvised with hemostats I already had at home.

2 Likes

My problem exactly. The faces are so cute on her sculpts that they are hard to resist.

For you all that are scared of the connectors, it’s not as hard as you think. The ones I have done so far have been pretty easy. If anyone has a problem, I would be happy to help.

The hook is convenient, so I keep one here just for the occasion, but if you really don’t want to buy one, a wire hanger bent into the right shape should work too. (It looks like a giant candy cane or crochet hook for those of you who have never seen one)… Hmmmm… wonder if a crochet hook would work. :thinking:

1 Like